Mama

(On previous chapter)

I had handle the kids and their ridiculous question but my mind was gnawing at me that V left me here all alone. 'Where's he?' i thought.

"Why so serious?" A deep voice whisper behind me.

(One hour prior)

After promising Y/n that he'll do something about the shortcoming of a clown, V had instantly advanced to his men and ordered them to arrange a clown. He was patiently waiting for them and barely made

ten phone calls...

to know their whereabouts. When his men approached him with their chest puffed and waiting for the praises, V thought that they really outdid themselves. His roamed his eyes behind them, to find the inevitable clown but finding no one, his entire existence drown in cold water.

Now what was he supposed to do?

Upon screaming at his men, their once puffed chest inflated and they nervously admitted what had happened. Basically they had chased out every single clown with their gangster look and in the jumbling, snatched the dress of one urging him to ran away naked. It was actually his own fault to trust the hard exterior Mafioso to convince a clown for his services. But atleast he got the dress. Reluctantly wearing the weird green costume, he finds its hard in him to not strangle his men right there and then. But the hopeful and anticipated look on their faces coax out some fake praises. Now dressed in some stranger's costume which smell like sweats, he admire his appearance in the man-sized mirror. He doesn't know if he should laugh or cry at his misery. Y/n probably was waiting for him for hours and he didn't want her to wait any further but with this dress? The Joker dress from the fucking Joker movie which maybe suited his personality but was odd for the occasion. 'Fuck this!' he thought and left before he would end up digging the ground and cease his existence.

(Present)

Expediently, everything went well. The small party set up in the grassy playground of orphanage wrapped up graciously, with V's help. He was kind enough to arranged all the decoration, buffet and cover the cost too despite the director's denial. Y/n who, was previously angry at him for being late, couldn't help but woo over him and soft-hearted nature.

Even though, kids didn't understand his character cladded in strange costume but V's funny behaviour and extraordinary magic tricks which consists of Rubber pencil trick, Spoon bending illusion , disappearing coin trick stole their innocent hearts. They ask him about his mask and boy, they come with unique theories.

A barely five years old cute chubby girl was adamant that he was a beast who covered his face and needed true lob from his princess to end his curse. Her boy bestfriend tried to convince her that he was just having a bad cold. Thankfully, Taehyung didn't have to answer their weird questions as their attention divert to that one boy who was showing his moves on WAP. The innocent kids didn't know why talented boy had got his ass whooped by the director when he was just reciting God's song, WAP- Worship and Prayer.

After the party, orphanage helpers began to wrap up everything, ushering the kids back in their respective room, leaving the lovely couple alone under the makeshift flower chandelier. The atmosphere was pleasant with occasional blow of wind. They found themselves looking everywhere but at each other. A sudden shyness fell upon them.

"I thought you ditched me" she whined and look down at her shoes.

"I could never" he softly replied and daringly held her chin up, holding eye contact so that she could see his sincerity. And for the nth time in the day, she was ashamed of thinking bad of him. When had he given her any reasons for doubt? How can she even doubt the fluffy Mafia?