Darkness

(Y/n's Pov)

Dark and damp was the only thing, i could feel and see from closed eyes. I feel like my whole energy got sucked in just opening my eyes slightly but that didn't really benefit me instead i get a lifetime terror. I couldn't move my head on any side because of fatigue and my face was numb from being stuck in only one position. At this moment, my only view was white bleached ceiling wall which was anything but beautiful.

My brain hadn't revive any previous memories which made me more helpless. The only thing which I know was that I was not at my home due to the strange odour of the occupied room. I could feel the hardness of mattress behind me or maybe there was no mattress to begin with. The room was too dark for my liking; sunlight was not seeping from window which could means that this room has no windows not even a slight crack.

Slowly I could feel the drugs used on me slipping away from my bloodstreams and a low energy began to transudate in my body. My fingers involuntary clenched and feet felt itchy. I used my last bit of energy to sit back straight. It was barely possible given my paralyzed state. Hardening my forearms, I managed to lean on the hard surfaced wall as there was no headboard but instead felt the rough cemented walls. Ugh! they didn't even bother to plastered these walls.

The intense feel of pain on my back unlocks my state of shock and I found my eyes open widely and taking in the view in front of me. 

It was nothing like shown in some where you would be sleeping in kidnapper's personal room or given some bed or facilities. Adjusting my orbs in the dark room I could see a no-wallpaper room, no ventilation, no fan, no furniture just a cot where I was lying whose thick threads were loose, weak may be on their last moment and can make me fall any minute.

I wiped the anxiety and nervousness and screeched my way out of the disgusting cot.Now that I am fully conscious and out of the cot, that strange and awful smell was too strong like some rotting animal but unfamiliar.

Running my eyes frantically on every side to locate that odour but found nothing. Suddenly a light bulb flick on my head and i made my way towards the cot again, clutching it tightly and squatted downwards. I was moving too slowly because one - I didn't have strength to move quickly and second I was too afraid to actually uncover the mysterious smell. But I had to do it otherwise I have to suffer from it.

Now my eyes level were under the cot, casting my orbs forward to see the cause, i leaned a bit forward to adjust my sight in the darkness. For one second my mind became too fuzzy and when the smell again hit me I let a strangled scream mix with cry. I closed my eyes thinking that maybe it could vanish that dreading image.

But it did nothing, I moved quickly towards the exit door and tried my unfortunate luck to open it. Again it was a silly move as why would anyone let it open when they had basically kidnapped me.

The decayed body underneath the cot must have trigger my brain and now seriousness of the situation made me recollect the previous memories flooding my initial disgust.

(Flashback)

I was happily whisking batter for baking some cookies to impress Tae as he did say that baking is his specialty. We agreed to have a movie marathon on our day off. He would came at evening so i have more than enough time to prepare snacks. I was just washing my hands when suddenly the doorbell rung.

Strange! isn't it too early? I checked the time on my phone and yes it was still noon, maybe he decided to come early.   it still has more than one hour for him to come. Nevertheless, I jog towards the door, after dropping my phone on kitchen table, assuming the person is Tae as I wasn't accepting anyone else to come today.