───── ❝ 𝟎𝟑 ❞ ─────

-

You'd landed safely in Tokyo. You found yourself lounging on a bench with Muhammad, leaning on him to keep yourself comfortable.

You were tired, the jet lag was starting to catch up to you already.

Mr. Joestar stood in the middle of the terminal looking around for his daughter like a lost child. She emerged from the crowd eventually, calling his name.

The reunion was sweet to watch. It would've been sweeter had it happened a little quicker. You were itching to get Mr. Joestar's grandson out of jail so you could eat a nice meal and go to bed.

You could perform well for long periods of time without sleep, no problem, but the situations in those times were usually more tense or dire. This was just a quick errand to you.

Muhammad patted your shoulder, lightly pushing you off as he stood up. He offered you a hand to help you up, you took it. You usually weren't so sluggish. Hopefully this wouldn't affect your stand performance.

You and Muhammad greeted Holly, introducing yourselves. Mr. Joestar referred to you as "experts" that would be able to help with the case. Already you could sense that he wasn't going to be too for coming with his daughter and wife. 

The three of you left for the prison. The elders were discussing the issue, but you were zoned out. From what you heard, he was probably going to give you all a hard time. You were exhausted, and definitely not in the mood to deal with an edgy asshole.

-

You walked arms crossed down the hall, trailing behind slightly. You didn't like prisons. You found cops insufferable and the buildings always seemed to stink like piss.

You all stopped in front of the cell, your police escorts taunting the boy inside to come out.

If Mr. Joestar hadn't already mentioned he was about your age, you would've thought he was in his mid-to-late twenties. 

You and Muhammad sat against the back wall, observing the scene in front of you.

"I'll be taking my grandson home," Mr. Joestar tells the cop, who's cowering at the prospect of losing his job over all of this.

The boy inside the cell finally speaks, albeit he sounds like a forty year old man.

"Grandson?"

Mr. Joestar attempted to reach for the cell door, only to be stopped by the officers.

You and Muhammad watch as everything unfolds.

"This really sucks," you mutter. "Usually these trips are more exciting, Muhammad."

"I'm sure we'll get there eventually," he chuckles lowly.

Mrs. Kujo attempts to explain to her son that his grandfather is here to take him home. Again, you tuned it all out.

You only snapped your focus back to reality when Muhammad began to rise from his spot on the floor.

"It's your turn now, Avdol," Mr. Joestar waves him forward.

You get up too, following behind, but Mr. Joestar stops you from going any closer to the cell.