───── ❝ 𝟒𝟕 ❞ ─────

Content Warning: Violence, Blood

-

Everything felt strange. Your senses were off, your skin didn't feel like your skin.

You involuntarily buzzed, trying to calm yourself from quivering.

Everything felt odd.

You and Iggy were the first two to approach the mansion, walking through the already open gates.

Wait, that was strange. Why were they open?

They were open in anticipation for your arrival.

DIO had eyes all over the city, something that the reality of set in once you stepped inside the entrance.

The garden was suspiciously well manicured, much nicer than the last time you had visited this place.

It felt like an invitation.

That being said, it did feel inviting. It was stark in contrast to how the aura around the mansion made your skin prick like your arm had just fallen asleep.

You didn't feel any overwhelming stand presences, not any active ones at least. You walked in, looking around before you waved the others in.

"Now that I think about it, If we," Mr. Joestar motioned to himself and Jotaro, "can sense DIO, he can most definitely sense us too."

"That would explain the grand invitation," you muse.

"If we try to enter the mansion guns blazing," he continues, "we'll be playing right into the enemy's hands."

You regret giving up on continuously writing notes and keeping tabs, but nonetheless you start to work out a plan in your mind.

The gears in your mind started turning as the door to the mansion slowly creaked open.

You immediately went to put your hand on your gun, preparing to draw and shoot if you needed.

"On guard, everyone!"

After a few seconds of waiting silently, making no sudden movements, you approached the door. Mr. Joestar followed close behind. You reached for the blade in your pocket, cutting your thumb in preparation.

Polnareff looked over your shoulder, gasping slightly.

"What's with this hallway? It looks like it goes on forever... It has to be some sort of trick or illusion."

He began to move, but you grabbed him by his shoulder and pulled him towards you, pushing him back behind you.

"Don't go in there, there's probably a couple more stand users left that DIO has to fight us. He won't let us near him that easy."

You shoot Polnareff an intense look, all he could do was nervously nod.

Rapidly, almost as if he was floating, a man moved swiftly down the corridor. Without hesitation you pulled your weapon out, aiming it at the head of whatever was approaching you.