───── ❝ 𝟒𝟑 ❞ ─────

-

Shit.

What on earth did you just do?

You were pacing in the bathroom, the shower was on with it's only purpose being to drown out your footsteps. You covered your mouth with your hand, dropping curses under your breath.

What the hell did you do?

Every good feeling you'd had just a few hours previous was washed over with guilt, an insane and heavy guilt. Not necessarily guilt in the way of regret, but guilt in the way of, well, pure guilt.

Your lives were at stake, his mother could die, any of you could die at a moments notice.

What would Muhammad think? What would Noriaki think?

By god, if Noriaki found out you wouldn't know what to do. He already definitely felt sore about how close you and Jotaro were, but this? He probably wouldn't speak with you again. You felt so sick at the thought.

Why did this all have to be so complicated?

Had you had more time with Noriaki, would you and Jotaro have gone as far as you did? Had you spent more time with Noriaki, would the two of you gone as far as you did with Jotaro?

You had to talk to someone, you had to. You had to tell someone, you had to.

Silently and quickly, you turned the shower off. You walked out of the bathroom, grabbed your key and walked out. Jotaro couldn't get a word out before you were running down the hall and up the stairs.

A few moments and a couple frantic knocks on the door later revealed your French friend, clad in his polka-dot pajamas.

"I need your help," you pushed past him and resumed pacing.

"Good morning to you too," he closed the door. "What seems to be the problem?"

"I'm a piece of shit, Jean-Pierre!"

"You're just figuring this out?" He sat down on his bed, with a pondering look on his face. "What'd you do?"

You walked to his dresser, grabbing one of his cigarettes and lighting them.

"I fucked up, big time. Jotaro and I, we... well, we..."

He gasped, "WHAT?!"

"Yeah, 'what'," you shook your head. "But I woke up thinking about Noriaki. I'm terrible. Normally, I wouldn't feel bad, but I..."

"Oh my god, you had sex with someone and thought about someone else after?"

"Don't act like you haven't, son of a bitch."

"Oh, I have. But those were no strings attached kind of deals, THIS might as well be a yarn factory or something."

"I love him, I really do. But I think I love Noriaki as well. I'm letting both of them down, and the only one I can even reason with on it is Noriaki. He knows how I feel, if Jotaro does he hasn't said anything."

Polnareff sat in thought. "I think you need to come clean."

"No way, I can't. With the exterior circumstances, I can't just go up to Jotaro and tell him 'Hey! I thought about someone else after we had sex! You're cool with that, right?' His mom's on her death bed, he's somewhere not like anywhere he's ever been before, he's under so much stress... I-I can't do that to him!"