───── ❝ 𝟎𝟔 ❞ ─────

-

The lights were on in the tea room, just as you had expected.

You'd left your room with the intent to find Muhammad and Mr. Joestar. You needed to share with them what Kakyoin had shared with you.

You flew open the door, interrupting whatever conversation they had.

You certainly weren't one to shy away from a flair of dramatics.

"I spoke with Kakyoin. There's some stuff you both need to know."

You open your notebook, handing it to them.

They read through it, taking their time. They don't utter a word. You sit down and pour yourself a glass of tea, deciding to get comfortable.

"Well, you spoke with him," Muhammad sets the notebook down. "What do you make of all of this?"

"Are you sure you want to know? I'm not thinking anything too good."

They looked at each other, then back at you.

"Whatever it is," Mr. Joestar says, "I'm sure we can handle it."

"Okay then," you nod.

You pick up your mug, swirling around the tea inside.

"To be perfectly honest with you, I believe he's trying to lure us to Cairo. He won't leave, and here we are sitting gathered, all the Joestars together in one place... I believe he sent Kakyoin here to kill all three of you."

"What?"

"You heard me," you sigh. "I think DIO most definitely wants all three of you dead. You're all your grandfather's descendants, and correct me if I'm wrong, but DIO lost his body in a duel with your grandfather. I think that you pose the biggest threat to him, and he wants you all dead. Lump Muhammad and I into this too, I figure he sent Kakyoin to us to attempt to pick us off while we weren't prepared."

"That seems reasonably logical," Muhammad concludes. "Though, it is definitely hard to hear..."

Mr. Joestar looks down, nodding in acknowledgment.

"What are the chances he comes after us himself? How likely do you two think that is?"

"Not likely," Muhammad responds.

"Slim to none. If he tried to involve the two of us in his plan already, and we've already met one of his servants, I think that his plan is to just send people here to stop us before we even leave."

"If this is the case, it would make traveling very risky. If we travel via commercial airline, we may put many innocent lives at risk."

"You're right, Muhammad, I didn't even think about that."

"Whatever it takes," Mr. Joestar says. "I can afford other means for us to travel. There isn't any time constraints on us right now, either. I'll get in contact with the Speedwagon Foundation come morning and see what's available to us."

"Good plan, Mr. Joestar." You stand up from your spot on the ground, grabbing your notebook back. "I should return to my room. I don't like the thought of leaving Kakyoin alone for too long."