───── ❝ 𝟐𝟓 ❞ ─────

-

You watch as the other three run into the distance, rounding a corner and disappearing into obscurity.

"They can run, but no amount of distance can escape my Lovers," Dan smiles.

"Excuse me?" You question, deadpan.

You were seriously confused. All stands have ranges, right?

"Even if they could make it far, far away in time. Just as the real thing, the Lovers know no bounds."

"You've never been romantically involved, have you?"

"Why you-" he coughs. "You should know a face as good as mine wouldn't go to waste, similar to your own." He chuckles, and walks past you, not without caressing your face.

You spit in his hand.

He gasps, wiping it on your jacket.

"I think I'll make you two my servants, what do you say?" He laughs. Jotaro and you glare at each other, frustration and annoyance lingers in the air. "I'll take your silence as a yes, it's not like you have a choice."

Another laugh.

You'd never wanted to kill someone so bad in your life.

You pull on Jotaro's shoulder, tugging him down to your height. "I'm taking my leave from this bitch. I trust you can take care of yourself, right?"

He whispers back, "Of course. I trust you can take care of yourself, am I right?"

Dan rambles about something while you two follow him.

"Absolutely," you let him go. He raises back to his normal height.

"Good."

And then, you were off. Running down a side street, down alleys, running until you were far enough Dan wouldn't be able to keep up if he wanted to chase you.

You climbed a rusty fire escape to the top of an apartment building. Looking down on the crowds below.

The time alone had you wishing for more of a break. Sure, you were used to going one place to the next. But night after night had you feeling homesick, Muhammad not being present further offset the balance. You had to talk to him soon.

Awaiting the pain that would come with Kakyoin and Polnareff's success, you sat against a short wall. The pain Dan would feel after having his stand ripped out of Mr. Joestar's brain would be bad enough, but having it amplified by your end would be severe.

Then you felt it, something sharp. Burning, stinging, pounding. Your ears were ringing, like alarms going off in your head.

"Bloody Judgement!"

Your stand cut blood vessels near the stem of your brain. The pain was practically unbearable, it felt like something was ripping your brain in half. It used the blood to pull the Lovers and the fleshbud out of your ear in one go.

Watching the fleshbud shrivel in the sunlight, you slump against the wall. Your head pounded, ears rang with the intensity of church bells. You felt blood leak out of your ear. You felt dizzier than ever before. Bloody Judgement held the Lovers between two of its fingers, suffocating it.