───── ❝ 𝟒𝟗 ❞ ─────

-

Your head stung as you opened your eyes.

You were laid out like a starfish, your back itchy because of whatever you were laying on.

You reached for it, picking up a clump of hay.

Hay?

Weren't you just in downtown Cairo?

You quickly sat up, clothes bloodstained, but you weren't in any pain. You felt remarkably numb, and out of place. The air felt so light, but you felt twice as heavy as you normally would. It felt like there was bricks in your pockets.

You felt your stomach, it looked as though it was there, but it didn't feel like it. You felt hollow. You looked for your left leg, it was there. You were able to move it, just like nothing happened.

When you got up to walk, you fell. Your balance was completely off. You walked like your leg was missing, but it wasn't, you were seeing it right below you.

It was strange, this whole thing was strange.

You were in a barn, walls red and trim white.

You spotted a pile of firewood in the corner, stumbling over and picking up a large stick to help balance yourself.

You walked out of the two large doors, you looked out onto the horizon.

It was vast, as if it was never ending. Field after field, it was beautiful.

The barn sat atop a small hill, dirt road connecting this farm to the other hundreds of farms and estates out in front of you.

You looked around, spotting different types of farm animals and crops.

You walked towards the chickens, reminiscing on how you and Muhammad used to feed them.

It reminded you of a time now unattainable, a time that you begin to fear you took for granted.

As you got close, you heard a bark come from behind you. You recognized it instantly.

Iggy?

You whipped your head around, he was there.

Next to him was Muhammad, bowl of chicken feed in his hands.

He was dressed in a long white tunic, barefoot. His bantu knots were undone.

He looked like an angel, something beyond you. He had a glow about him, making it very clear that he wasn't the tangible and real Muhammad you knew.

"I didn't expect to see you here," he looked surprised.

You ran up to him, hugging him.

"That's no way to say hello," you buried your head into his shoulder.

He didn't feel as real as you felt, he felt as airy as everything else. You held onto him, but your hands felt as if they were falling into him. It felt like you were hugging a pillow.