───── ❝ 𝟐𝟑 ❞ ─────

-

Your group's amount of sheer luck at this point in your journey seemed endless.

Polnareff discovered a carriage with horses in tow, seemingly rearing and ready to go.

Mr. Joestar wasted no time hopping in the front seat and grabbing the reins, you wasted no time throwing Enyaba in the back.

You were following the road to Karachi, Pakistan.

As you approached the town, it seemed of relatively large size.

They were certain to have an electronics store somewhere.

Polnareff made one of his classic bathroom comments, to which you sighed, silently praying to whatever above that he gets his western toilet just so he shuts up about it.

You keep watching carefully for any sign of an electronics store.

One word to describe how you felt would be eager. You wanted to find out whatever you could about DIO, you wanted the questions plaguing your mind to be answered.

"Hey," Mr. Joestar brings your attention up front. "There's a doner kebab joint! Let's stop so we can get something to eat."

He tugs at the reins and the horse comes to a stop.

"Excuse me," he gets the vendors attention. "Five kebabs, please!"

"Of course," the vendor responds. "That'll be 1000 yen."

Mr. Joestar had a look of bewilderment on his face. The man was clearly overcharging, and while Mr. Joestar clearly knew, who was he to deny payment?

As someone who lives primarily in America, dealing with western business customs, he had no clue how to haggle. However, as someone who has grown accustomed to middle eastern business practices, you knew exactly what to do.

You got out of the carriage and stood beside Mr. Joestar, lightly chuckling as you do so.

"Are you serious?" You mock, "A thousand yen for a few kebabs?"

You pretend to inspect the meat, putting a hand on your chin.

"This meat isn't even high quality," you claim.

The merchant grunted in response.

"How much would you be willing to spend?"

"Hmm..." you think.

What would be a good number to lowball him with?

"We won't pay any more than 300 yen for all five of them."

Of course, it was absurdly low. That was the point. Force him into raising the price in order to find a middle ground.

The merchant laughed similarly to how you did before.

"If I went that low, my family would starve! I have seven children, I'd be letting them down!"

He dramatized, clearly.

Thinking rationally, getting 300 yen is better than none at all. That's how you can get back at him.