───── ❝ 𝟒𝟐 ❞ ─────

-

Most of Cairo's global and governmental centers were located in what you and many others considered the center of the city, Old Cairo. To escape the stuffy area you were in, you'd have to head a couple miles north.

Jotaro looked visibly unsure. You reassured him. Maybe it wasn't the best idea he came along, actually. He wasn't a fan of noise, or crowds, or random people rubbing up against him. Not to mention that he's extremely prone to jealousy, something would go south tonight.

You got to your club of choice, the line was down the street. Already as you walked up, people recognized and greeted you. You weren't sure what about you it was, but they treated you like a celebrity. Maybe it was because you were different than them, different in the sense that you openly went about what they had to hide at night. It was nothing to be ashamed of, but it was something the modern world had yet to recognize. Or, maybe you were just attractive.

The bouncer allows you and Jotaro access inside, skipping the line entirely. Upon entering, you're hit with the booming sound of Club Tropicana by Wham! It all felt like some coming of age movie, but the music they played often leaned towards being western in nature.

You wave at the bartender and gesture to the back, he nods at you.

After you started to become a regular at the club, they'd allowed you access to the more private VIP section. The city's richest folks, off-duty politicians, lawyers and doctors alike, you'd met everyone back there. Not to mention the service was incredible.

You and Jotaro sat down in one of the booths, privacy curtains hung around the outskirts of it. A waitress delivers two of your usual drink. You waved to some other regulars as they walked by.

"What exactly is the plan?"

"Great question," you laugh. "I go out there, talk some people up, and ask if they've seen a strange, foreign-looking, blonde man. Whether you want to do the same, or just hang out here, is up to you."

He nods, "By talking people up, what do you mean?"

"What do you think I mean? Flirting and flattery, of course. I don't mean any of it, so, don't worry."

"Still, I'm not sure how I feel about this."

"How about this, I give you an 'I owe you', you can cash it in whenever and it can be whatever after this whole charade is over."

"I'll think about it."

A waitress clears her throat and interrupts the two of you.

"(Y/N), there's a group of young ladies who crave an audience with you."

"I'll give them what they want, then."

You follow the waitress to a booth in the regular section of the club. You sit down, and the group of women sit down after you. You talk them up, wrapping your arms around them, making them laugh, doing whatever you can to get them in the right spot where they'd tell you anything.

You pop the question; "Have you ladies seen any strange men around, maybe foreigners?"

You follow their "why's" with a "you know I can't tell you that."