───── ❝ 𝟎𝟖 ❞ ─────

-

By the time you all had arrived in Hong Kong, you were starving and exhausted.

From being rudely awakened by Tower of Gray and his decrepit stand user, to the general exhaustion of traveling, you were all feeling it begin to take its toll.

Mr. Joestar was on the phone across the street while the rest of you were gathered around a vendor. He attempted to sell you dim sum and rice porridge. Kakyoin started talking to Jotaro about rice porridge, but you weren't paying attention, or at least you weren't until he asked you a question.

"What about you, (Y/N)?"

You just stared with a blank expression on your face.

"Uhh..."

You had no idea how to respond, but then just in time, Mr. Joestar came over and told you all about his friend who owned a restaurant.

It was a great relief from whatever situation you put yourself in.

The street vendor offered him hot cola, and Mr. Joestar started to complain about it, saying that 'it's disgusting' and 'it should be cold.'

You grabbed him by his collar, pulling him away from the vendor before he could argue anymore.

"Lead the way, Mr. Joestar. I'm starving."

He did so.

Mr. Joestar and Muhammad walked ahead, they were talking about the next steps you all would take. The three of you followed behind.

You tuned into both conversations, but only a little either way.

Your fight with Tower of Gray left many questions unanswered.

'Not everyone of DIO's servants has a fleshbud. But in that case, how many do? Will they be like Kakyoin? Will they join us? Can we even trust Kakyoin?'

Questions and thoughts ran through your mind, but the latter you were able to answer. If he was still under DIO's control, he would have probably sabotaged your attack on Tower of Gray. He most likely would have also tried to do something to you while you were asleep back in Japan. So, until you were able to recognize otherwise, your gut told you that it was alright to trust him.

You sighed, knowing that it wasn't healthy to obsess over it in this way.

You'd take the punches as they came until you made it to Egypt.

That's what you wanted more than anything, was to be back home.

Usually your jobs didn't take this long, and usually you didn't become this invested in them emotionally.

You were excited to fight DIO, looking forward to what you believed would be a challenge.

You had already surpassed all your other opponents even before the trip began, a challenge was hard to come by for you now.

Maybe this trip would be for the better. At the very least, it would keep you on your toes.

You were already itching for your next fight, that urge alone almost erased your hunger.