───── ❝ 𝟎𝟐 ❞ ─────

-

After a grueling twelve hour flight, none of which you were able to sleep through, you were back in your hometown.

It felt underwhelming being back, and quite honestly, you hadn't missed it at all.

Mr. Joestar sent someone from the Speedwagon Foundation to pick you and Muhammad up at the airport. The car ride was silent. It felt as though Muhammad was hiding something from you. It was rare he ever did. That alone was enough to make the  gravity of the situation settle in.

The car dropped you off outside of the Joestar's building. You were quickly escorted in by members of their staff.

When you walked into the penthouse, you were greeted by a somewhat frantic Joseph and a calm Suzi, having a conversation, the sight of which made you smile.

Suzi absolutely adored you. She thought you were "the most charming little devil." Her words, no one else's.

Mr. Joestar on the other hand knew you to be reliable and fiercely strong, but he disagreed with your 'heat of the moment' decision making. You were not a planner by any means, something he found difficult to deal with. When you lived with them, every time Mr. Joestar would reprimand you for the way you made your choices, Suzi would remind him of his rather rambunctious tactics when he was young.

That would always shut him up.

Regardless, he knew better than to distrust you over this. Sure, you were a fast thinker, but you were usually right. Even more so, you were lucky.

You and Muhammad stood by the door for a few moments more while the two talked, seemingly not aware of your arrival. That was until Avdol cleared his throat.

It took them a moment more to really notice, you could see the gears turning behind their eyes. When it did set in, they both immediately came over to greet you both.

Mr. Joestar and Suzi hugged you, and after successfully squeezing the air right from your lungs, they moved to greet Muhammad.

You had hardly seen Mr. Joestar since leaving, only seeing Suzi once since.

After she greeted you both, Suzi was called to a different room.

"Now," Mr Joestar started, wasting no time. "You're probably wondering why I called you both to New York."

"I sure as hell am," you walk to the window, looking down on the city below. "Muhammad said that there's an issue with your grandson. Why didn't you just have us meet you in Japan? It would certainly be easier."

"It would be, however, there's some things that are better discussed in person, without prying eyes or ears. It's not safe for any of us to travel alone right now."

"Are you suggesting that someone's watching you?"

"I am, but not just me. You two as well. Avdol knows the basics, but, I'll recount them for you, (Y/N)."

You nod, curious as to what was going to come out of his mouth next.

"My grandfather, Johnathan Joestar died in a shipwreck just over a hundred years ago. About four years ago off the coast of Africa, a coffin was pulled from the wreckage. From that coffin came the monster that killed my grandfather, and he's back to continue to wreak havoc on the world."