───── ❝ 𝟑𝟒 ❞ ─────

-

You had left the town at just about eight AM.

You had a long drive through the desert to get to your next location.

The car you drove in had no air conditioning, and the sun beat down on you to the point where you had to strip off your jacket.

You laid your head back, closing your eyes and just gave yourself a moment to think.

That dream you had, well rather nightmare, what did it mean?

Was DIO seriously showing you what your final fight would look like? What your final moments clinging to breath would look like?

Your friends, family, dead on the ground and him, standing victorious atop of a pile of corpses.

It couldn't have been him. He wouldn't be that stupid.

But if he would be so stupid to show you everything, giving you the exact details you'd need to avoid that horrific end, what did he gain from it?

Did he think you wouldn't realize? Or is he trying to scare you, scare you into running away?

Life be damned, you weren't running away. You couldn't, not for the innocent lives lost on the journey so far, not for Mrs. Kujo, and not for the safety of the Joestar bloodline. You'd avenge what was lost, you all would.

You knew he must've been terrified.

Did he seriously think that he could beat a group of the world's most powerful stand users?

Tough chance. He was scared, most likely trying to force your psyche into betraying you so you'd leave.

That is if this was anything more than your subconscious already betraying you.

You had driven for about an hour before reaching an ancient ruin in the desert.

Mr. Joestar commanded Polnareff to stop the car, to which he did.

As soon as he stopped, you heard a helicopter flying above.

You eagerly stood up and flung yourself over the framework of the vehicle.

You stood, hand shadowing your eyes from the sun. Your jacket and clothes whipped in the wind as the helicopter made its descent near you.

Everyone got out of the car, joining alongside you.

"They're right on time," Mr. Joestar smiles. "Perfect."

"Hey! It's a helicopter!" Polnareff looks in awe.

"Thanks for pointing that out, Captain Obvious," Kakyoin puts on a pair of sunglasses.

"They're here from the Speedwagon Foundation," Mr. Joestar announces. "Back up, or they might hit you when they land."

"So, what's the deal with them?" Jotaro shields his eyes from the sand getting kicked up. "Are we taking a 'copter to Cairo?"

"Good alliteration, but no." You smile, "Except for a small number of us, the people that work at the Foundation aren't stand users. They're just regular scientists and historians, that type of thing. We'd be putting them at risk. Well, at more risk than they're already in by being involved."