The Lion's Tale

(Boar Hat)

We see in a nearby forest, a shirtless Ban training with King as the immortal dodged the fairy's many daggers and even managed to kick one back at him but stopped before it could hit his face as King stood unfazed while he floated in the air. "Are you screwing around, King? Take this seriously! Attack like you're trying to kill me!" The immortal complained. "Kill you, huh? Why?" The fairy asked as he looked at him in confusion. "I guess I wanna smash the Holy Knights and take back the kingdom as soon as possible." Ban said nonchalantly as he reappeared behind King, grabbed him by the back of his head, and threw him towards the ground.

"Take back the kingdom? I'm surprised to hear that out of your mouth. I thought you didn't care about anyone but yourself." King said with a hint of curiosity. " Ain't it the same with you?" Ban said with a spit. "I suppose. But I have my own special objective of helping Diane." King said as he rested against his floating pillow. "I have one of those, too." "Hmm?" "We'll save the kingdom, and I'll take the Trumpet of Cernunnos that's hidden underneath it as my reward." Ban stated, shocking the brunette. "The Trumpet of Cernunnos? That's a ritual device used to commune with the Goddesses! What could you possibly want with that? Wait, are you--" "Yep. I'm gonna have 'em bring back Elaine and lift Salem's curse!" Ban informed interrupting the fairy. King pondered about what Ban had just told him only to be shock by Ban's anger ridden face. 

"You're worried about the Captain and your friend, aren't you?" King asked as Ban tensed. "I thought so. Deep down, I'm a mess, too. The way the Captain looked...and the raw magical power emanating from that beast... It was like--" King was interrupted as Ban aggressively grabbed him by his shirt with an angry scowl on his face. "One more word, I dare you! I'll knock all your teeth out!" Ban threatened the fairy "B-But surely you can see it too!" "Like Hell! The Captain and Salem are nothing like those monsters! I'll never believe that!" Ban said as he let go of the boy. "The Captain said to follow him. He said it to a crappy man, who lived a crappy life since the day he was born and was shunned wherever he went! Until he was found, and protected by a cursed beast. The only three easygoing weirdos like that in this world are him, Salem, and Elaine." Ban said as the brunette looked at him with a sympathetic face. "Ban..." The fairy was interrupted as the two heard the sound of breaking leaves and large footsteps. When the two turned around, there was the white beast, Salem, approaching them. "Hey King, could you give us a moment?" Ban asked as the fairy understood and went back to the Boar Hat. 

"How much did you hear?"

"I heard enough." Salem responded quickly. "Look Salem--" "I don't have to tell you how much of a stupid idea this is, correct?" The beast interrupted with a serious voice. "But this could be our chance to bring back Elaine and break your curse." Ban said trying to convince the other. "The Goddesses are not to be trusted. They are one of the reasons why I'm cursed to begin with, and bringing back the dead is not a power they posses. And even if they did, which I doubt they do, but for argument sake, let say they do... The price they will ask for is too high." The large feline said with a stern look. Ban's face saddened, causing the feline to look at him with a sympathetic look as he let out a sigh. Salem walked over to him, nuzzled him, and licked his face. "Whatever you do, do not go near that trumpet. Their silver tongue have felled even those with the strongest of wills. We'll find another way to bring our friend back." Salem said as they placed their foreheads against each other. "But what about you?" Ban asked tearing up. "We still have time. I will never leave you again, no matter what." "Promise?" "Of course, my little fox." The lion spoke as Ban gave him a soft smile. "Now, let's head back. The others must be worried." Salem states as the two went back to the tavern enjoying the silent walk.