A Star is Born

Moments passed; anxiety was coursing through everyone's veins. Was Salem alright? The Sins were growing worried, but Ban remained steadfast, Salem would come back, and he would be alright.

Then, the crystal orb began to float in the air. Everyone's attention was on the orb. It began to spin in place. It spun faster and faster. Then it vanished. Everyone looked confused.

Then, a rift portal suddenly appeared, shaped like a star. Purple, gold, pink, and black magic swirling out of it. The Sins watched as Salem walked out of the portal. Ban wasted no time and rushed over to him, pulling Salem into a tight hug and then a passionate kiss. "I knew you'd make it."

"Always." The Sins congratulated him. But their happy celebration would be cut short.

"Dad?" Salem's eyes widened. His and everyone's attention was now focused on the boys. Salem watched as his boys were fading away, Tristan too. "Salem, what's happening?" Ban asked with urgency in his voice. "Since you survived and Dawnbreaker is dead, their timeline, their reality doesn't exist anymore. They're ceasing to exist." Salem explained.

"But there has to be something we can do." Elizabeth suggested.

"All we can do is make their last moments, pleasant ones." Salem said as he and Ban pulled their three boys into a warm embrace. While Elizabeth and Meliodas hugged Tristan.

"My brave boys. You have made us so proud." Salem said to them. "What's it like? Dying?" Hector asked. "Does it hurt?" Caspian questioned.

"Oh, baby... it's like falling asleep. You won't feel a thing, except for the love we feel for each of you." Ban said as tears fell from his eyes.

The boys continued to fade away until there was nothing left. Only Ban and Salem remained, holding each other as they looked up at the sky.

"Now there's just the matter of him." Salem said, looking towards his younger self, who was now waking up.
"What happened?" Asked the younger Salem.

"It's over, my friend. Dawnbreaker has been defeated." The older replied.

"So his entire timeline is--"
"Gone. Wiped from the stories yet to be told."

"And what of the helm?"

The old Salem summoned the Crowned helm of Chaos. Still intact.

"What will you do with it?" Asked the younger.

"I will store it for safekeeping. Considering our future, who knows if we may need it." The older Salem stated.

"But won't that turn you evil?" Questioned Diane.

"The helm is just a helmet. Nothing more. Though its unique ability to amplify one's power is tempting. But nothing serious." "Dawnbreaker turned evil due to his grief and his madness when he allowed his Powers to go unchecked." The two Salem's explained.

"So what now?" The younger Salem asked.

"Now you must go back to your timeline and continue your journey." Salem, the older, opened up a portal.

"This portal will take you back in time to a couple hours after we disappeared into the timestream."

The two Salem's shook hands.

"Thank you. For your help." Said the younger Salem.

"No problem. Now you know that it is possible to save our reality and stop Dawnbreaker." The older replied.

The younger then walked towards the portal, looking back.

"Best of luck, my friend." The two Salems said to each other as the younger walked through the portal, and it sealed behind him.