Closure

Ban turned around and saw a little girl no older than five years old. She had black hair that reached her shoulders, and fair skin as she wore a purple colored dress. But more noticeably was her beautiful golden colored eyes. Ban's eyes widen as he realized who the girl was. "Daddy!" The little girl shouted as she ran past them while barefoot. When they turned to where she ran, they saw Salem squatted down with open arms as the little girl jumped into his arms. "Hello my little star fire." Salem said was he wrapped his arms around her in a loving embrace. Ban looked upon in shock at the resemblance, this Salem had short black hair with some brown highlights as his eyes shined a beautiful golden color as the sunlight illuminated his eyes. He wore a black dress shirt with rolled up sleeves and a slightly exposed chest, just enough to show off his large golden necklace. He also wore black dress pants as shoes. Ban's eyes softened as he witnessed their reunion but his eyes soon widen as he saw a tear fall from Salem's eyes. "Daddy, what are you planning on making for dinner?" " Well, that depends... what do you want to eat?" Salem asked as the little girl stood in front of him, pondering about her favorite food. "I really want something with chocolate." The little girl mentioned as Salem let out a chuckle. "Just like her father. So how about I make you some chocolate then, huh? Would you like that?" Her father asked as the little girl nodded her head. "Well why don't you run along home, and in a little bit I'll make you my best chocolate dessert." Salem said as his daughter cheered as she ran back home towards the main castle-like structure.

"That looked so real." Ban stated to his boyfriend in awe. "That's because it was... to me." "huh?" Ban looked at Salem with a confused look as they walked through the bustling streets." Everything you see, is all from my own memories, which I have conjured into reality. None of this is real, due to it having already happened in the past. They can neither hear nor see us. We might as well be spectators watching a theater play." Salem stated somberly as Ban looked at him with pity. "So this is what you meant by showing me your past."

"It's better to show you rather than just simply telling you. I want you to truly understand what happened. Even if it means reliving it." Salem stated somberly as Ban looked him with a saddened look. "Come on, Let me show you around." Salem grabbed Ban's hand and began dragging him around the Kingdom. After a couple hours of exploring Ban and Salem arrived at the central structure, just as Past Salem arrived with bags of ingredients. When he arrived, he was greeted by a cheerful Octavia as they made their way to the main kitchen. After an hour or so, Salem had finished making his dessert dish.

Octavia looked in awe at the plate which contained seven balls made of fluffy chocolate and an assortment of nuts. "What is it?!" the dark haired girl asked with curiosity. "This is what I like to call a "Victory Announcement Dessert". It's made with a special Cacao Powder, Premium Grade Honey, and some Indomitable Fruit." Salem explained as he was covered in chocolate, and honey. Salem and Ban sat close by as they watched the father and daughter interaction. They watched as the two tried one of the chocolate balls, as they hummed with delight, as their mouths were engulfed in the delicious taste of the chocolate dessert.

"Via, how about you go and take a shower, and head off to bed while I tuck you in, okay?" Salem said kindly as Octavia got out of her seat and hugged him. "Ok Daddy. Thank you for the chocolate!" The little girl said as she sped down the hallway. "Sweet kid." Ban said with a kind smile as they saw Past Salem walk down the same hallway. "I know." Salem said as his once happy face turned sad.

"Hey... You okay?" Ban asked as rubbed Salem's back comfortingly. "Yeah, it's just that... This was the last night I got to see her." "What do you mean?" Ban asked in confusion and worry. "Tomorrow is when I leave for the Fairy King's Forest to drink from the fountain and become immortal. But due to my departure, I left my home, defenseless, in other words. Tomorrow is when Octavia... Dies." Salem stated as a tear fell from his face. "You just wanted to see her before..." "Before I lose her forever." Salem then began to walk away in the opposite direction.