To Have Loved, and Lost

(Boar Hat)

The Sins sat in the tavern trying to figure out what to do next. The next best course of action would be to find the other two missing Sins, but Meliodas informed them that the best course of action would be to recover his stolen sword from the Capital of Liones. But the other Sins refused. Meliodas then explained that the dragon hilt of that sword was a piece of a large seal that was used to seal away the Demon clan 3,000 years ago. When questioned why the Holy Knights would be interested in such an artifact, King and Gowther both mention that the Holy Knight Dale was turned into a Demon by the Grandmaster Hendrickson, that only raised more questions. To which Meliodas theorized that it would be to resurrect the Demon clan. Then Hawk started to get a really bad stomach ache, in which Elizabeth tried to comfort him.

"Why were those guys going after not just the sword, but you, too, Elizabeth?" Hawk asked in pain. But then a woman wearing a regal light red Holy Knight armor with a long dress and unique helmet resembling hands enclosing on her face with one visor, wielding an unusually large claw-like staff appeared behind Elizabeth, surprising everyone. "Well, that's because... She's the last key to breaking the seal." The woman spoke. "Elizabeth! Get away from that person!" Meliodas exclaimed as he leapt towards them but the woman teleported herself away, along with Elizabeth and Hawk before he could reach them.

"Dammit!" Meliodas yelled out in anger shaking the entire tavern. He then grabbed Liz's sword and ran out of the tavern. "What's going on?" Ban questioned. "Mostly likely, it's a mage. Instantly appearing in just the right spot and then vanishing. It's an advance teleporting technique." Gowther explain to the confused immortal as they all rush out after their Captain. Meliodas turned Diane as she understood his plan. She grabbed Meliodas, along with Ban and Gowther, who wished to tag along for their own reasons, and threw them towards the capital as they flew through the air at high speed. But what they didn't know what that something else was moving at high speed, chasing after them.

When the three of them reached the capital they quickly fought through an entire battalion of holy knight, which were quickly defeated by Gowther using is "Rewrite Light" ability. The three of them began to sneak around the capital but it was swarming with Holy Knights. After much deliberation they agreed on going to the castle to search for Elizabeth, an opportunity presented itself in the form of a teleported Diane as she drew the attention of the Holy Knights. The three were then divided. Gowther went to aid Diane and King, Meliodas went to face off against Hendrickson while helping the newly arrived King Arthur. But Ban was nowhere to be found. We then see Ban inside the castle, rotating a stone lion face on a wall as it opened up revealing a secret passageway leading deep below the castle.

We then see Ban standing in the middle of a dark chamber in front of a enormous curved horn. "So this is the Trumpet of Cernunnos, huh? It's frickin' huge." Ban stated as he gazed upon the famed Trumpet. "Hey, Goddess or whoever, can you hear me? Hello? Hey, if you can hear me... In exchange for my life, I want you to bring Elaine back from the dead, and lift Salem's curse." Ban called out his offer to the trumpet but got no reply. "Yeah, right. Like it would be that easy. Oh well." Ban turned to leave but was stopped by a feminine voice. "Who are you?" When Ban turned around he was shocked to see Hawk standing on top of the trumpet. "Hey, what the hell are you doing there? I mean, why are you here?" The immortal asked in shock. "You tell me! I mean, where is this place? I mean, where's Elizabeth.?" The pig asked panicking. Hawk then explain his whole experience with the mage and how she blasted him all the way to the chamber they were in. When Hawk suggested they leave to help save Elizabeth Ban refused.

"Correct, there's something you need to do." The Trumpet spoke as it illuminated itself with a bright pink glow shocking the two. "Show yourself! Where are you talking to us from?" Ban demanded. "Unfortunately, that's not possible at this time. As we lost our powers in the ancient war, and many of us were massacred, it'll take some time to rebuild ourselves into what we were before." The Goddess explained. "however, resurrecting one fairy would be a trifle, and lifting that beast's curse is out of the question." The goddess stated causing Ban to release a frustrated sigh. "I know I shouldn't say this when I'm the one asking for it, but... Do you Goddesses really grant anybody's wish just like that? In exchange for my life are you really--" "No. We have no intention of taking your life. Instead, we shall give you a mission." The Goddess informed interrupting him. "What about Salem? Can you break his curse?" Ban asked only for the goddess to laugh mockingly.