Darkness Cometh

Clear blue skies, luscious green grass, running waterfalls, and a soft breeze that's what greeted Salem as he stood out on an open field. Salem turned to his right as the sound of laughter caught his attention. His expression softened as he was greeted by a heart-warming sight. He saw Ban and Elaine playing with three kids, their kids. His and Ban's eyes met as the taller male beckoned him over. But just as Salem was making his way over, the ground began to shake. Then cracks began to form from where Ban and the rest of the family were as bright purple lights began emanating from below.

Salem sprinted towards them, but just as he was about to reach them, the ground caved under them, and they fell in the purple chasm. Salem fell to his knees at the edge. But then a black figure flew out from within the chasm as it levitated in the air. Clad in black armor with monstrous bat-like wings as purple light emanated from its armor and wings. Salem crawled backward away from the winged creature, fear ever present in his eyes. Salem's back soon clashed against a rock as the creature landed in front of him. 

"Time's running out, Salem."

The creature spoke in a deep and ominous voice as he reached a clawed hand out for Salem. Only for everything to go dark.

Salem then awoke in his and Ban's shared bed, sweat dripping down his face as he breathed in deeply. He turned to his side to see a slumbering Ban next to him. A soft smile appeared on Salem's face as he tucked a stray tuft of hair out of Ban's face. Salem then heard the door creak open. When he turned towards the door, he saw Elaine poking her head out. "Hey. Couldn't sleep?" Salem asked telepathically as to not wake Ban. "I should be asking you that." Spoke the blonde fairy telepathically as she walked into the room. Salem spread his legs to give her room to sit between them. "You should be resting, Your body is still changing, now that you're fully resurrected."

"Salem, I know that you're worried about Ban being mortal again, but he did it out of love."

"I know. Besides, it's not him that I'm worried about." Salem stated as he played around with her hand. "It's that future you went to, isn't it?"

"I see him in your mind. Tall and imposing. Armor and leather clad in black. A crowned helmet. Glowing purple eyes. I also sense something. A sense of dread, panic, and horror. I feel--" 

"Afraid... Who is he Salem?" Ban asked. The two turned to look at him as he sat up on the bed.

Salem let out a sigh. "He is the one person I fear above all others. And he is coming. " 

Band and Elaine looked at each other. "Well, whoever he is, we'll face him together." Ban said as he brought both of them into a warm cuddle. "Now Ban... I know there is something bothering you." Elaine stated, as it was now Ban's to open up. "I'm worried about the captain. Since he got his true powers back, he'll have to leave, and soon."

"Yes. The world can't withstand the power of the Demon King in the human world. The stprms, earthquakes, and all of these disasters are happening because the world is trying to reject him, " Salem said as Ban grew sad that his best friend has to leave. "And considering their relationship, more than likely Elizabeth will go with him." Now it was Elaine's turn to look sad. 

"Hey. its for the best. Plus, you'll see, it'll turn out for the better." Salem saidas they turned to him. "You think so?" Salem then pulled both of them into a cuddle on his side of the bed. "I know so."

Many days have passed since that night, The Sins having enjoyed all the fun that they entold as if were the last ones together. Finally came the day that Meliodas had to leave, and as Salem had predicted, Elizabeth had decided to go with him. The Royal family of Liones and the Sins met at a snowy mountain where Merlin had opened a gateway to the Demon Realm. Having said their heartfell goodbye, Elizabeth and Meliodas turned to see Salem across the field, waiting to escort them.