Twenty Eight {Colby's POV}

Sam closed the door behind us as we stood alone in George's bedroom. The vibes at this place have felt off since we first pulled up, and right now on the back of my mind I wasn't necessarily thrilled that the girls were in the basement alone.

There were so many trapped and restless spirits that you never fully knew what to trust. Let alone if Manson's spirit resides here at all, the last thing I want is for anyone to get hurt.

"Hey.. you good brother?" Sam asked as he waved his hand in front of my face. "Yeah, I'm fine. I just don't want anyone to get hurt here, Sam. This is a dangerous place to be investigating."

"Everything is gonna be okay Colby. I don't want you to distract yourself from something that we love because you're scared of what could happen to the girls. If they were scared and didn't want to be apart of this when they know about the consequences of what could happen, we'll they just wouldn't be here."

He rested his hand on my shoulder as he stood beside me. "C'mon dude. It's not often we find chicks who are down for any of this, so it's really cool to see how far Soph and Ang are willing to go. I think we're gonna get some really dope evidence with them here. We never have a female presence with us when we investigate, this could bring out something new for us. Let's just see how things go."

He was right, and I couldn't deny that. We would just have to wait and see how our night goes. This was the last day of our investigation anyways.

"You're right." I said, nodding my head. "Let's get started, we're just wasting time thanks to myself."

"So I want to set up a night vision camera right here." Sam said pointing to the corner of the room behind us. "That way we can have sight on the spot where George's bed was, and we can set up a laser grid and see if anyone will show themselves.

I set up the camera on the tripod while Sam got the laser grid set up which covered the rest of the room. Once the camera started to record we sat down beside it.

Sam had a handheld camera in one hand, and a K2 meter in the other.

"If anyone is in here with us, my name is Sam and I'm here with my friend Colby. If you are here with us, can you tell us your name? Can you light up this device in my hand? Can you walk in front of this laser so we can see you in the room with us?"

We waited a few moments but the K2 didn't light up. Frankly we could hear the guys in the other room just goofing off. Corey would do that to distract himself when he was scared, and you know Jake, he doesn't always take things serious until something likes to happen.

"We would like to reach out to George Spahn if we can." I said as I took the spirit box out of the bag and turned it on, letting it start to sweep the radio stations. "George if you're here can you give us a sign? Can you say your name, mine, or Sam's?"

We sat in silence for a minute until he we heard a response.

"Hi."

Sam looked over at me and I shrugged my shoulders. "George is that you, or is somebody else here with us?

"Help him."

"Help us."

"Stuck."

"Are you stuck? What is keeping your spirit here?" Sam asked.

"It's evil."

"Killer."

"I'm innocent."

"George is that you?" I asked and waited for a response, but nothing came in.

"He's gone."

That time a female voice responded.

"George if you can hear us, we know you are innocent. We know in your old age you were being nice to Charles and exchanging labor that you couldn't do to let them stay here with you. We know the things he did to you and made you go through, and you didn't deserve that. Nobody that was a victim to Manson deserved what happened to them. He was a very sick man and we don't want you to continue to blame yourself for what happened. You are indeed innocent."

"Stop."

"Go."

"Get out."

"Leave now!"

"Uhh.." I looked over at Sam as I furrowed myself brows. "Dude this isn't George, there seems like something more evil is here."

Sam shook his head. "We just need to shake the feeling and keep going. We need to get answers. If we can help these spirits cross over and get away from the evil that is here it would be a complete game changer."

BANG.

"Where did that come from?" Sam asked as he jumped up from the floor. "I don't know dude, but that doesn't sound like it was coming from in here."

The bedroom door swung open and Corey popped his head in. "Did that noise come from in here?"
I stood up from the floor and shook my head. "No brother."

"The basement!" Sam yelled out as we all filed out of the room.

BOOM. BOOM. BOOM.

"The girls!" I ran over to the basement door and turned the knob side to side but my efforts didn't work. It sounded like the girls were running up the steps and just stopped.

"Sophia! Angelina! Are you guys okay?" Jake yelled through the door but we couldn't hear a response.

Corey started banging and pounding on the door which could have easily scared the shit out of them.

"Colby! Get us out of here!" We finally heard Sophia's voice as she started banging on the door. "Why are we locked in here?!" Angelina asked through the door.

"Dude, our spirit box said something about being stuck.." Sam said.

"So did ours!" Angelina shouted through the door.

"Guys you have to get us out! I don't want to stay down here. I got scratched!"

Suddenly I felt my heart in my throat. Not only were they trapped in the basement, but she got hurt...