Chapters unfold

Adrika's POV

"Worse! We are talking my brother." I said.

"Wait a second! Your brother? You mean queen Adrika's brother?" Leo asked.

"You mean Vasudev krishn.. Best politician of his time. Strategist." Maddy said.

"Let me paraphrase that for Maddy.. The God?" Leo asked.

"Yup. That's the one." I said. "Nora.. Can I get something strong over here please?"

"Sure hon." She said and gave us refills.

"But why he did it?" Leo asked.

"To save his sister of course." Maddy said.

"Mads.. You don't know my brother. He won't do anything just to save me." I said.

"But I heard he loved you with his life." He argued. "Then why would not he save you?"

"Because that would be selfish. My brother is God. He can't be selfish. He is incapable of being so. I'm not saying he didn't save me, of course he did. But that wasn't the only reason." I said.

"Then what?" Leo asked.

"Well, next time I call him I will ask." I said sarcastically.

"Then do." Mads said. Both Leo and I gave him a 'are you serious' look. "We never tried it. He said wait until you have questions to ask. Now you have, give him a call." I thought about it then looked at Leo.

"Worth a shot." He said.

"We need to go somewhere else. Private. If I talk to him lot will come out and things are going to get ugly." I said.

"Let's go home then." Maddy said smiling. "It's been waiting for you for years."

         We walk out of cafe and started our journey. This was a beautiful little village. Thank goodness things like this is still present. I loved the atmosphere and vibes of the place. A calming car ride in the country side. Just what you need for your soul. I looked up to Mads although he was fixed on the road, I could feel that he was happy. He smiled to me. As I could tell now I was staring at him for a long time now.

"Look away." He said with a smile.

"Why.. It's peaceful to look at you." I said. He looked at me then to the road and said.

"Why?"

"Because you are calm and happy. Why do we hear music to make ourselves relaxed? Those are happy melody. Exactly like when you see a happy person it makes you feel their happiness." I said. He smiled again before saying

"Look ahead. Home's here."

           I looked up. I couldn't believe myself. How was it possible. In front of me was a cottage. A beautiful cozy cottage. It was little inside the woods but has road up to it. Surrounded by maple trees and judging from the orange leaves covering the ground, it was fall. That was making it more beautiful. There was a sound of waterfall around so it must be behind the house. It was small, warm and perfect for me. Because it was the same cottage my Dad bought me in New hope, Pennsylvania. A small town just 30km away from Philadelphia. It was my get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. How was this house here? Why would Adrika would want to buy it? There was several other beautiful modern houses nearby. Which is more of her taste.