The last straw

General POV

Unaware of the silencing charm Leo put on Adrika, Mads was freaking out. He could not hear anything from Adrika's microphone. What if she is in trouble. He was not going to loose his love after all this years of waiting. Everyone were asking him to calm down. Leo was silent. But he could not anymore, as seeing Mads so miserable he told about the silencing charm.

"A silencing charm.. On herself.. And you didn't tell us about it? Do you have any freaking idea how dangerous it can be?" Mads said in a dangerously low voice. In different time it would have intermediate Leo but at that time he stood his ground.

"You are not the only one who is worried. You are not the only friend she has. You aren't the only one with a responsibility Maddox. I do too. Your job is to protect her and mine is to help her. And help I did." Leo said stepping close to Mads.

"Yes.. You are right Leonard it's my job to protect her. And for that I need to have every information. Specially when we are in enemy camp." Mads said.

"She requested a charm. I obliged. That's all I did. I know you love her but think Brother. She doesn't need your constant protection. Think who she is. She is a legend Mads. She can take care of herself. So stop being so dramatic." Leo said in the same voice.

"Commander I think Uncle Leonard is right. You need to trust Mumma's decision." Aadi said to calm the situation. Mads nodded at his favorite student.

"But still I am worried for her. She should be out by now. What could have she found out?" Sam said. Mads's longing eyes moved from his face to the door.

"We should prepare for what comes next. Stop scaring everyone Sammy. Hell will break loose once Adrika comes out of that door. So who had the exist plan?" Dean said.

Nothing could consult what Mads was feeling. He was restless not because he didn't know about the charm, but he was worried about loosing her again. He just got her after so many days. After so many nights. She could not just leave him again.

"You can't leave me again Adrika. Not after all these years." He chanted in his mind.

Mads wasn't only one who wished Adrika didn't put that silencing charm. Adrika herself was wishing the same. The facts she was finding out was too intense for her. She was secretly wishing for any of her friends or Dristadyumn to be there to listen with her. Yes! in her mind she was already calling him Dristadyumn. But he wasn't the only one who was familiar to him. Juro was laying on the ground laughing. Maybe at the irony of their situation. They were again face to face. He was a long lost friend. He was the warrior who she respected. He was the warrior with whom she practiced. Who once lift weapon to save her. He was also the warrior who killed a part of her. He was also the warrior who killed her sons inside of her. Her most uncertain acquaintance. Her friend. Ashwathama. Her mind was not in order. But her heart filled with sorrow for the man. He was brilliant. He was once most respectable young prince she knew. What in the heaven's name has happened to him? How could such a man became this? Adrika could see the pain behind that laughter. She walked to him with shaking steps. She never blamed Ashwathama for what he did to her. She knew this for ages. Why would she blame someone else for her choices? She sat down beside him. His maniac laugh hasn't stopped yet. Adrika suppressed a rising sob down her throat and very softly she called him.

"Kumar!"

Juro stopped and sat immediately. His eyes softened, as he looked at Adrika's beautiful blue eyes with gold and green flakes. It was always been really fascinating for him. During their long discussions over various matters he always focused on those dancing forest green flakes. He remembered the amount of gold flakes increase when she was happy. This often happens when she talk about Nakul. When she was angry the orange orb around her pupils move rapidly. And when she was sad how it turn icy gray. Ashwatthama was shocked when first time during war he realised the woman he never thought of having any kind of relationship, he knew a lot about her. It was the first time he realised he did care about her. It's not like her beauty, her knowledge didn't attract him. But untill then the only emotion he ever felt about her was respect. During war they still remained friends. He met her time to time. And after realising her existence in his life he felt an unknown happiness when she came to see him. The food she used to brought taste even better. She never said his name while addressing him. He always called him Kumar. It was very appropriate yet felt very intimate to him. The notion that she loved him in some way was exciting for him. After killing her he realised all these time he was in love with her. He wanted her to hate him but she didn't it was killing him all this time. Today again that name. After ages still the same goosebumps.