Falling for the Predator

General POV

        That morning was particularly beautiful for both Adrika and Aadi. The mother and son got each other. Adrika got up to found her son curled up in her arm. He maybe 20 now but that morning Adrika saw him as her baby boy trying to console her while she was having a nightmare. In a different time she would have thought its a pleasant dream and went back to sleep. But today she knew its her son. She slowly got up and lay there staring at her son. She wasn't sure she could love anyone this much. Motherhood changes everything. She saw fresh cuts on Aadi's neck and bare arm. That must be from living in the harsh environment of the retro. She still at shock that her son was so close to her all this time. After a while she picked got up and finished her morning routine. Aadi was still sleeping till then. She lay down near him and very lovingly remove some hair from his face.

"Hi baby... Good morning my son... " She said. Aadi suddenly woke up with eyes wide open. It took him two three seconds to realize it was just his mother. His eyes relaxed and in a sleepy voice he said

"Hi mumma.. "

"Get up. We have a lot to do.."

"Such as...?"

"Such as what you are doing here? How you came here?"

"Not now.. " Aadi said being irritated.

"Then when exactly...? Babu you have to answer that."

"I'm here to help you. To fight for you. This is the only answer you are going to get right now. And I will explain everything once we get free time from figuring out what the fricking hell is going on in this world and why you are stuck here."

"I missed this.. The way we fight for every single thing." Adrika said. Aadi looked up to her and immediately know what was her next question about to be.

"Don't ask Mumma.. I can't tell you that. You were supposed to be in that world. And you are not supposed to know things after you death. I know you wanna know how everyone were. How do they manage but I will not answer that."

"Seem like you know about space time configuration better than me."

"I can't deny that. Giving you information about them will create a reverse ripple in the time stream. The forces are already so imbalance right now. It can be dangerous."

"One thing.. Please..." Adrika genuinely pleaded. "For my peace."

"She is magnificent Mumma. She may not be as good as you but she was better ruler for Island than any of us could ever be." Aadi said knowing his mother's heart without her had to saying things. Adrika was both delighted to hear about her daughter and surprised that her son knew her so well.

"Thank you..." She said while tears streaming down her face.

          That morning went like a beautiful dream. Aadi, Sam, Sky and Maddy work out while Adrika and Leo cooked breakfast. Sam and Sky couldn't keep up with the extensive methods of Mads and Aadi. They both were training like ancient warrior ways. Like they always used to do. They had breakfast and planned for the day. They had a video tape that Sky's employees send of Acton. They decided to check it. It was a holographic presentation. It showed after Adrika and Dean left Acton sat for a long time then stood up and walked into a room. He stood in front of a screen.

"Come on man.. Do something.." Dean said.

"Give him time Dean.. He is doing something against someone who he consider a son. It's not easy." Adrika said.

"See.. He is opening the curtains." Leo said.

        When the curtains fall down their jaws dropped too.. It was a picture of queen Adrika.