Just, confused. (29)

--My POV—

I woke up the next day at 9 AM. I woke up in my dress from last night and decided to go change. After I changed and washed my face, I went back to bed and just started to stare at the ceiling. I stared at it for a while and I looked at the clock and read, 12:07 PM. I needed to get through my feelings and try to figure out what I’m going through. I needed to talk to someone. Not just anyone, my best friend and also sister, Leah. I got up from my bed and changed.

I walked downstairs to everyone already there, eating. Hmph, what a surprise. Everyone was sitting in the usual seats. Only two seats were empty, mines and Koda’s. I didn’t look at anybody but I saw figures. I knew exactly where Leah sat. I walked next to her, nudged her, and walked outside. She nodded and followed me, as the room went silent, with all eyes on us. I walked into the forest towards the beach, with Leah on my heels. We got there and sat on a log.

Leah: What’s wrong Kaya? Are you okay? What happened last night?

Me: I don’t even know anymore. When I walked out of the school yesterday, I was mad that Seth lied. Then when he apologized, and he kissed me. I forgave him by kissing back.

Leah: then what’s the problem?

Me: the kiss. It was great, but at the same time, it didn’t feel right. Is that possible?

Leah: you know, not every person marries his or her imprint.

Me: do you believe,

Leah:  I honestly don’t know what to believe anymore. I always thought that you and Seth would be together forever. But now, it’s hard to believe anything. If Embry and Alana and Sam and Emily don’t marry each other, I’m going to stop believing in loving and imprinting forever.

Me: last night, after I pulled away from the kiss, I felt regret in my stomach. I started to back away from Seth and ran home. I, I don’t know what came over me. But I can feel his heart break a million times over what I did and I felt horrible for making him feel like that.

Leah: why did you do it? Run away?

Me: I really don’t know. I don’t know if I did it because I meant it and the kiss meant nothing and that I don’t love him anymore, or I just panicked and ran away.

Leah: why do you think you did it?

Me: I mean the kiss meant something to me, but the feeling in my stomach stopped me, regret. I didn’t know what it meant so I panicked and ran. I just hate making him feel like that.

Leah: Kaya, you are a strong and faithful girl. I know you love my brother. Stop trying to convince yourself that you don’t love him.

Me: what am I suppose to do?

Leah: I think you should talk to him. If he doesn’t understand, then you’ll know from there.

Me: I guess,

Leah: looks like someone else wants to talk to you too.

She pointed to the right and I saw Paul standing there. These people, who promised they’d always be there for me, are there for me. Leah stood up and left while Paul hovered over to me and sat in Leah’s place.

Paul: you okay, Qahla?

Me: I’m just, confused.

We started talking and it went on for a while. During the talk, Jacob joined us and tried to give some advice with Paul. We finally finished and told me it was up to me for my decision.