New Scent. (14)

--My POV-- 

We all went back to Sam’s to celebrate my arrival back home. We were all sitting in the living room. When I say everyone, I mean everyone. The pack, the imprintees, and my family. I was playing with Kiona, who I haven’t seen for awhile. It was quiet, till she spoke up,

Kiona: What’s that smell?

Mom: you mean the food sweetie?

Kiona: it’s not that. It’s something else mommy. Kai-Kai, do you smell it?

I sat up and sniffed to see what she was smelling. Then, I smelt something, but it wasn’t the food.

Me: yeah, I smell it. Don’t you guys?

Paul: it’s probably the food.

Sam: or you are using your power, and smelling pasted the treaty line smelling the Cullens.

Me: It’s not the food, definitely. And I’m not smelling it from far away. It’s coming from this house.

Kiona: yeah, it’s like not here, but it’s HERE.

Kwoli: I think I kind of smell it. Sweetish tingling feeling?

Kiona and I both nodded. I started to smell even more to see where it was coming from. I smelt it again, and but it mixed in with a familiar smell. I slid Kiona off my lap and stood up. I started to smell everyone around the room to see if it was one of the smells. Once I reached Koda, I instantly knew it was his. I ran to my room and looked around. I tried smelling around from where it was coming from. Everyone was rushing upstairs to see what was going on.

I finally reached Koda’s crib that had his messy blanket, sheets, and a dream catcher hanging from the top of his crib. Wait, I put that away the day of mines and Seth’s fight. Who put it back here? Everyone crowded in the room and asked what was happening.

Seth: Kaya, what’s wrong?

Me: This, this dream catcher. Did you put it here?

Seth: yeah, I gave it to him, remember?

Me: I, I know. But the day of our fight, when I was cleaning, I put it in that box, so I don’t accidentally throw it away.

Seth: oh,

Me: did you put it back?

Sam: Kaya, what’s wrong?

Seth: no, it’s been here the whole week, while you were gone.

Mom: Sweetie, what’s going on?

Me: I didn’t put it back the day of the fight, and Seth said it was here the whole week.

Kwoli: so,

Me: The smell is coming from the dream catcher. Someone was in here.

Seth: yeah, I’ve been in here every day, so,

Me: not just anyone,

Kiona: it was a vampire.

Me: A. Vampire.

Sam: Edward was in here once,

Me: unfamiliar vampire scent.

Kiona, Kwoli, and I stood still and used your seeing powers to see in the towns if the scent would pick. Every time we would look through, the same little girl popped up. It couldn’t be her because she is so little, and she looks pretty normal.

Kwoli: the same,

Me: me too.

Kiona: same.

Kwoli: too young, can’t be.

Me: looks too normal too.

Kiona: nothing else then.

Me: call the Cullens and tell them. They need to be warned.

Sam: I’m on it.

He opens his phone and started to dial Carlisle’s number.

Sam: he wants to speak to you.

Me: hello?

Carlisle: Kaya, thank you for informing us.

Me: you are welcome.

Carlisle: we also know that there is someone out there.

Me: do you know who yet?

Carlisle: not sure. We’ve been looking for a while. How did you find out?

Me: they were in my room. They touched Koda’s dream catcher. The way I smell it, the last time it was touched was, before I came back. Carlisle!

Carlisle: I know, we are searching. Tell the pack to go on patrol. You can not leave Koda alone at any point anymore. It’s too dangerous. Who would want to get a baby or little boy?

Me: I might have a clue. But thank you Carlisle. Call us if anything.

With that, I hung up.

Me: New leech hanging around town. The smell is fresh. It was here not too long ago, before we came back. And it wants Koda. He can’t be alone at anytime. Sam, you have to send some boys to patrol and look out. Seth and I will protect and watch over Koda until that leech is burned.

They all nodded and headed out but Seth. Seth was mad about what was happening and I needed him to calm down.

Me: Seth, please calm down.

Seth: how can you tell me to calm down?! A vampire is after our son!

Me: being mad and angry isn’t going to help anything! So stop, and calm down.

Seth: I’m, I’m sorry. Do you want me to do anything?

Me: yeah, this might seem weird, but can you rub his pendant? It will just help you calm your nerves a little.

He did as told, and rubbed the pendant hard, the harder, the better. After he was finished, I did the same. Then I told Koda to rub it. I mean, if worst comes to worst, we’ll be prepared.