4 Stages. (36)

--My POV--

I’ve been sitting on my bed for hours. It felt like forever since I’ve been happy. The seconds turned into minutes, minutes turned into hours, hours turned into days, days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into 2 months. The more the clock keeps ticking, the more broken I became. I only go downstairs once in a while to see everyone, eat a little, and see Seth smile. Those are the only things that I need in a day to help me survive. I’m not strong, but I’m not fully broken. I just put on a fake smile, and carry myself, and act like I’m okay. Not everyone knows that I’m not okay. I would always be locked in my room, or doing my daily run in the forest.

One day, I was getting ready and my body was becoming very weak. I guess my body couldn’t hold itself up anymore, that I had to stay in bed the whole day. I had a huge headache, so I decided to take a nap.

---Seth’s POV---

Everything has been going great. There are no problems at all. I’m happy with Kayla, everyone in the pack is happy, I’ve been becoming closer to Koda, and Kaya seems to be doing perfectly fine. We were all sitting in the kitchen, bored, while Kaya was still upstairs.

Alana: hey, you guys want to go cliff diving?

We all scream, ‘YEAH,’ in unison. We all got up, and got ready to leave. Kayla went home to go get some extra clothes.

Me: well, what about Kaya? Wouldn’t she want to come along?

Embry: I don’t think,

Me: I’ll go get her.

I was ready to run up the stairs, but Jake stood in front of the stairs and stopped me.

Me: hey, what’s up man?

Jake: I don’t think you should go upstairs.

Me: why not?

Jake: she isn’t feeling too good.

Me: what? What’s wrong with her? Is she okay? I need to go see her then!

Jake: NO SETH. Don’t go up there. I’m warning you.

Me: can someone tell me what’s going on? Why won’t Jake let me go see Kaya?

Kwoli: because it’ll break her even more.

Me: what?

Kole: I think it’s time we told him.

Me: tell me what? What’s going on?

Kwoli: there’s something wrong with Kaya. Nothing internally, but something is wrong with her. Every second, she gets worst.

Me: WHAT? WHY? HOW? WHY DON’T YOU TAKE HER TO THE CULLEN’S HOUSE THEN? WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING!

Alana: Seth, there’s nothing we can do.

Me: I- I still don’t understand.

Kole: when our species imprint as a wolf then coyote, not only is there hate, but the pain deepens.

Me: what do you mean?

Kwoli: when a coyote sees their imprint happy with someone else, and that’s also their wolf imprint, then they become weak.  It’ll bring thoughts, but not happy thoughts, to their minds.

Me: what kind of thoughts?

Kola: Suicide.

Me: Su-suicide? She’s going to kill herself?

Sam: she was. The day she heard you say those things to Kayla.

Me: but she didn’t,

Sam: no, but she’s doing something worst.

Me: what’s worst than suicide?

Jared: slowly killing herself.

Me: how do you,

Kwoli: there are 4 stages into fully killing yourself like this.

Me: and they are?

Kola: stage 1: Coughs, throwing up, and headaches. She already has those.

Kwoli: stage 2: Slowly living your painful life, and acting like you’re okay.  Does that already.

Alana: stage 3: Body becomes weak. Right now, her body is starting to become weak.

Kole: stage 4: Fully broken. When she sees you with Kayla, and sees that you don’t need her anymore, she’ll become fully broken and weak, and it kills her.