Both ways. (12)

---Seth's POV---

Carlisle: Seth, her pulse is back. But she’s not waking up. You need to get in there.

I ran inside to find Kole standing next to her body. She was still motionless and lifeless but Carlisle said he pulse is back, and I have to believe it. I slowly walked up to Kole and his eyes never left her body. Carlisle was back in the room trying to find things that will make her wake up.

Kole: She’s, She’s out cold. But her pulse is back. I, I think the only way for her to wake up, is if you’re in here.

Me: Are.. Are you sure? I, I mean, I can just,

Kole: no. I think I know why she blacked out. But you might need to be here when and if she wakes back up.

Me: I, I’ll be here.

He walks out and I sit down next to her bed, looking straight at the floor. I thought of every single thing that happened between us from last year, to now. I sighed, reached my arms out, and held her left hand with my right hand. Seconds later, her hand moves to have our fingers lace in together. Koda ran into the room, and saw Kaya breathing again and ran into my left arm. I held him tight as we looked up at Kaya together. She was looking straight at us, with a breathing mask around her mouth. Memories started to flood in from the night of the fight.

Carlisle: Kaya, sweetie, could you please tell me what hurts right now?

He was waiting for her to respond in words, but she lifted up her right hand, and pointed to her head and patted her chest a little bit.

Carlisle: When was the last time you phased into a coyote or wolf?

She lifted up her right arm again, and held up her index finger.

Carlisle: day?

She shook her head,

Carlisle: week?

She shook her head again,

Carlisle: month?

She shook her head, one more time.

Carlisle: YEAR?

She slowly nodded her head while her eyes were getting heavy.

Carlisle: that is very unhealthy of you to do so. I think that’s why your chest hurts. You haven’t been phasing enough for you to stay normal. You had a good reason why when you were pregnant, but after, you had no reason. And since you moved back, where there are more vampires, it’s been killing you inside out. But for your head, I don’t know why. You didn’t hit your head on anything like last time. But I’d be careful. You might have a concussion. If you fall asleep, you might never wake up again.

After Carlisle finished, everyone came in again and sighed a big relieving gasp. Carlisle took them into another room and explained everything he told her. I overheard Kole, ‘I think I know why her head hurts. Mind if I?’ ‘Go right ahead. Whatever makes her know what’s wrong.’ Carlisle responded. Seconds later, Kole came into the room and was ready to explain. We were all ears to him.

--My POV—

Kole walked in and ready to explain something.

Kole: I think I know why Kaya’s head hurts and why she blacked out in the first place.

Seth: why?

Kole: Kaya, did you imprint both ways?

I slowly nodded my head because of the pain.

Kole: there you go.

Seth: excuse me?

Kole: she imprinted as a coyote.

Seth: you what?

Kole: let. Her. Explain. First. Before. You. Make. A. Big. Deal. Again. Clearwater. Kaya, who did you imprint on as a coyote?

I quickly lifted up my right arm, and pointed at Seth, who’s eyes widened when he saw it towards him.

Kole: I knew it. That’s why she blacked out.

Seth: I’m still kind of lost.

Kole: since she imprinted on the same person as a coyote and wolf, you guys have the connection as a wolf but have a hate as a coyote. That’s why you guys have been fighting so much. When someone like us, coyote and wolf, imprint as a wolf then imprint as a coyote, the coyote imprint should hate you. That’s why you always have the urge to yell at her. And when she forgives you, she knows you didn’t mean it, because it was the imprint.

Seth: So, why did she black out?

Kole: I guess when you guys were coming back from the walk, she was thinking to herself about a lot of things that overpowered her thoughts. She thought so much, of how much she hates you but loves you, she blacked out. It was too much thinking for her, or for anyone, especially as a coyote and wolf.

Everything Kole said was right. I did know why he was yelling and I just accepted it. Fighting back was a reflex of mines. I was thinking too much of everything, that my head started to hurt and black out.

Seth: Kaya, I’m really sorry. I hope you know that. It was an instinct to yell at you. I’m really sorry,

I held out my hand to stop him from apologizing. I couldn’t talk because my breathing wasn’t getting better. So I thought to Kole so he could respond,

Kole: she knows.

Seth: what?

Kole: she knows you are sorry. She’s been knowing since day 1.

Seth: no, you don’t know. I’m really,

Kole: sorry. She knows, she really does Seth. She understands everything and wants you to stop apologizing for something that you didn’t mean to do.

Seth: I really do love you Kaya.

Kole: and she really loves you too Seth.

Koda: I love you mama.

Kole: and she loves you too Koda.

Koda: I love you dada. You saved mama.

Seth: I love you too Koda. And I didn’t save her,