YOU GET 'EM. (24)

--My POV--

It’s been a couple months since that week and everything has been I guess the same. Seth and I stopped trying to put our relationship back together because we’ll just end up where we started. What I mean is, I stopped trying to put our problems aside. Seth on the other hand, still tries his best to be with me. We stopped fighting, because well, we kind of stopped talking, or I stopped trying to talk to him. The only time we talk is when we have no one else to talk to, and in front of Koda, to make him happy. We are still friends, it’s just harder to be in this position, and seeing them everyday. School is back in session and Kwoli, Seth, and Kola are in school. Seth being in school gives me a more peace of mind to think.

--My POV—

I finally put Koda in his crib to take his nap. I walked down stairs and plopped down on the couch. Just sitting there in peace and quiet, then I heard the door crash open with people bickering back and forth. It was Seth and Leah. Uhg, what happened now? Can they just shut up for a whole day? I rolled my eyes and just sat back on the couch listening to them finish bickering in front of the door.

Leah: look Seth, it’s not my fault.

Seth: whatever I could careless now. I got more important things to do anyways.

Leah: yeah, sure. It’s just whatever. If it’s just whatever, why did we just fight about it the whole way here? You know it means something to you.

Seth: whatever, just drop it.

Leah went into the kitchen, waving and smiling at me, on the way, as Seth plopped down on the couch next to me.

Me: what was that all about?

Seth: no one asked me to the school dance. Now I’m the only loser who isn’t going. The only football player not going, and it sucks.

Me: well, why don’t you take Leah?

I heard Leah let out a big, 'HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA, EWH,' in the kitchen. I giggled a little and shook my head.

Seth: 1. Why would I go with my sister? That’s so embarrassing! 2. I can’t anyways, even if I wanted to. She already has a date.

Me: a date? How can she go? We graduated LIKE 2 years ago. I remember.

Leah: *yells from the kitchen * SOMEONE ON THE FOOTBALL TEAM ASKED ME.

Me: *yells back * GOOD FOR YOU LEAH. YOU GET ‘EM! *turns back to Seth * Well, why don’t you just take the guys then. Bring the boys along, let them have some fun too.

Leah: *yells from the kitchen * THEY GOT DATES TOO!

Seth: *yells back * WOW. THANKS LEAH. NOW I LOOK MORE OF A LOSER. EVERYONE WHO GRADUATED EVEN HAS DATES, AND I DON’T!

Me: well, I’ll go with you, I guess.

A big smile went from ear to ear after I said that. ‘REALLY?’ he said excitedly. I nodded and grinned at him.

Seth: THAT’S GREAT! THANKS KAYA!

Me: no problem. So, when’s the dance?

Seth: uh, tomorrow?

Me: WHAT? TOMORROW? ARE YOU SERIOUS? I DON’T HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO PICK A DRESS, PLAN A COLOR, DO MY HAIR, AND MY MAKE-UP.

Seth: don’t worry. I was going to wear a red tie. So there’s your color. Ask Emily for dress ideas, and her and Leah will help you with your hair idea too. Don’t put on any make-up. I like you naturally.

I felt butterflies go through my stomach. I blushed and looked down. Seth got up from the couch, kissed the top of my head, and went into the kitchen. And I realized something,

Me: aren’t you suppose to be in school right now Seth?

Seth: I have off campus lunch.

Me: LPHS has off campus lunch now?

Leah: nope.

Me: then,

Seth: I just leave and say it’s off campus lunch.

Me: hm, seems legit. Well, you girls want to help me with the dance stuff?

Leah & Emily: YEAH!

Seth: I’ll pick you up tomorrow, 5:30 sharp. Be ready

Me: ha, I’ll try and be early.

We did everything in one day. We found a nice dress with matching shoes, decided I’d just curl my hair, and finally agreed to go naturally to the dance.