Wrong Decision

"You!"

Standing in front of me, the student council President, Nagumo, spat.

His tone carried rage and frustration. Frustration; because he was defeated by someone who he hadn't thought powerful enough. One of the reasons he lost to me was because he simply underestimated me.

Yes, he was an exceptional student. But, it seems like he failed to gauge my strength, unlike the former President, Manabu. I don't know how much was he able to gauge me, but he had a better understanding of me than Nagumo.

I stood silently as his face contorted in rage.

"Haah!"

He was about to launch a punch at me when someone suddenly stopped his fists with his palm.

"Fufu. What a despicable President you are!"

In his usual, haughty tone he interjected his fists but Ryuen didn't counter.

Why?

Because Chairman Tsukishiro was here and Ryuen wasn't foolish enough to hit someone which may incur expulsion, no matter the situation.

"Did you get the proof, Chairman Tsukishiro?"

I asked him, without turning my eyes away from Nagumo.

"Yes. "

After a long silence, he replied.

I knew he must be at quite a loss.

Nagumo was the most powerful student in this whole school, authority-wise, and he was one of his major pieces for his game against me.

While he was running out of time, he was dealt a major blow, as he lost his major piece, so late at the game.

"Now, you students can go. The rest would be handled by the teachers."

Chabashira spoke, who had been watching the scene unfold quietly for a while now.

Ryuen let go of his hand and stormed out of the student council room with no care in the world.

I also prepared to leave and turned around and I was followed by a girl.

She had been quiet the whole time, beside me, she was probably trying to piece together everything.

Will she be able to see the bigger picture?

Just as I exited the door, Horikita stopped.

"Wait."

"Huh."

It seemed like she had finally managed to piece together everything.

"You used me, right?"

That sure surprised me.

"No, you used everyone here."

Yes. That was absolutely true. I had used every one. Horikita, Ryuen and Ichinose, everyone. As for Sakayanagi, she knew everything and willingly co-operated. That had helped me a lot. I was thankful for her.

"And also....."

I waited for her to continue.

"Why didn't you tell me that you were going to expel Kushida as well?"

"Would you have agreed if I had told you beforehand?

"No."

As I expected, an instant reply.

"But didn't I tell you not to meddle into the matter between me and Kushida.?"

"You did."

"Then why-"

"And I listened to what you had said."

For the first time, I turned around to face Horikita.

"You had told me that you would do something about her, hadn't you? And did you manage to really do something?"

"That's......."

She fumbled for her words. Of course, she had no answer. Because she wasn't able to settle things with Kushida.

"I listened to what you had said and done nothing for a year. But now the matter was going out of hand. If I hadn't done this, then she would have been a great obstacle for the class."

She stayed quiet because she knew herself that it was the truth and couldn't retort.

At first, I had thought of trying to do something about her after the matter with Nagumo was resolved. But it turned out that Kushida was one of the collaborators of Nagumo. 

I couldn't have asked for more. It was like killing two birds with one stone.

I heard Horikta clicking her tongue and then clicking her shoes against the floor she headed down the hallway. She was clearly frustrated.

Just before I started heading down the same path, I glanced inside the room to where Kushida and Nagumo were.

Miyabi Nagumo.

You were a talented student. If you had tried to expel any other student you may have succeeded.

But this time you chose the wrong opponent.  

Actually, I didn't care what happened to the school structure. If it didn't affect my life, I would just sit back and watch and let Horikita handle everything. That was why I had her join the Student Council.

But he chose to target me directly.

He probably tried to expel me because Manabu had an eye on me. But he half-assed the things. He simply underestimated me. Even if he had aimed to expel me with all he had got, he still would have lost.

He would have been able to realize his dream only if he hadn't chosen to meddle with me. He would have managed to live a proper student life till the end. But, he made one mistake.

He dared to go against me and believe me, everything in his plan was perfect and calculated.

But he made just one mistake; that was while choosing a target.

He just chose the wrong opponent.

That was the one wrong decision you made, Miyabi Nagumo.