Matsushita Chiaki SS

Setting: Third Year Arc, before their final special exam in Tokyo Advanced Nurturing High School

"This would be the best chance for eliminating any potential threats."

"Yeah, it is."

He agreed to what I said. Anyone would have agreed. 

We were all third years now and the upcoming special exam would be our last exam. The exam that would decide everything, that would decide who will be one reigning as Class A.

The exam had many tough rules compared to any other exams we have undergone till now and the probability of expulsions had skyrocketed. That made it the perfect opportunity to expel students from the other classes. So, it meant that we could expel the bigshots like Ryuuen and Sakayanagi.

"But."

While my brain was sorting out different things, Ayanokoji-kun continued.

"What you are thinking won't happen?"

"Heh. You know what I am thinking?"

I posed that question to him and he ignored that outright. How to put it, the way he ignores what I want to know, makes my heart skip a bit. It makes me want to pester him more and more. Okay, I should probably hit the brakes on that track for now.

"So? Why wouldn't that happen?"

"It is because Ryuuen and Sakayanagi are prideful people. Rather than expelling, they would aim at crushing the opponent with all they have got. If either of them gets expelled, then it wouldn't be fun for them."

"The way you speak. It is almost as if you know about them quite a lot."

"Doesn't everyone know just what sort of person they are?"

"No, no. I mean on a personal level."

He again ignored me, eh? From the start, I had had a vague feeling that he had a good connection with the both of them, on a personal level. But I had no way of confirming that. I think the mastermind Ryuuen was looking for back then was definitely Ayanokoji-kun. I just know that, tell it my instincts or whatever. But, even though I had tried digging so much, I found nothing. He had managed to solve that issue without anyone even noticing. That just speaks for how amazing he is. After all, it takes a great talent to hide one's talent and abilities.

"Why don't you cut to the chase now?"

My eyes narrowed and a smile immediately made its way on my face.

"You know why I am here. So, what bother asking me?"

He heaved a sigh.

"Do you really think I would help you to reach Class A?"

He spoke exactly why I had come to meet him today. Impressive as always.

"Now, that is a good question."

"What do you have in mind?"

"What do you mean by that, Ayanokoji-kun?"

"Don't play dumb. You should have known that I won't agree from the beginning. Even then you came here to meet me. That means you have something up your sleeve."

"You never cease to amaze me, Ayanokoji-kun."

I let my voice out unintentionally.

Posing as if thinking about something, I brought my hands in front of my chin.

"Let's see. If you don't agree with helping me, I will tell Karuizawa-san that you had once proposed to me. How about that?"

Hoping that he would show some kind of reaction, I said that. But I was disappointed, which was completely expected.

"That wasn't a proposal. That was just a simulation of what I had done to Kei."

"But that doesn't change the fact that the words 'I love you." escaped your mouth for me, right?"

It was very weird logic. No, it was completely illogical but I found it interesting and that was why I said that.

"So, you want to use that to blackmail me and make me help you reach Class A?"

"Yeah! Yeah!"

His expression told me that he was fed-up but it even intrigued me further.

I continued staring at his face for a while, but he showed no signs of speaking anything.

It is enough for now. I will pester him again some other time.

Thinking that I lifted the bag that was beside me and got up from the bench.

"Matsushita. What was your aim in coming here?"

"I just wanted to spend some time with you. Would you take that as an answer?"

Of course, he wouldn't.

The reason I had come here was to see how much he was willing to bend. And I wanted to confirm just how strong he was. And to that end, I still had one question left.

"Ayanokoji-kun, you said Ryuuen and Sakayanagi wouldn't try to expel each other. But what about you?"

"I don't plan on involving myself in this."

He replied matter-of-factly.

"I see. You don't plan to. That means you could do that if you happen to get involved."

That was enough of an answer. I was satisfied with that. My instincts were right after all. If anyone could help me get to Class A, then it was this man right in front of me.

"Ayanokoji-kun, I am not going to give up. So, you better be prepared."

Carrying my bag I decided to leave

As I had expected, he wasn't an ordinary student. If he were to help, then we would be able to get to Class A, no questions asked.

And that is why I won't give up. I will definitely make you aid me in this, Ayanokoji-kun.

With that newly formed determination, I made my way towards the dorm.

"But when I said I wanted to spend some time with him, that wasn't a complete lie."