At his mercy

In a karaoke room, Ryuen, Katsyragi, Ishizaki, Ibuki, and Hiyori were seated. The atmosphere was tense.

"I am really worried."

Hiyori spoke, her face full of concern.

"Well, anyone would be, with the strings of expulsions happening as of lately."

After the start of the second semester, the number of expulsions had skyrocketed. Expulsion in this school was a common thing. More so for the second year students like them but there was something unusual in this time's expulsions.

If the ones who were not competent were expelled, then it would have made sense. But this time the expelled ones were outstanding students, who were competent enough to be feared by other classes. And the expulsion happened over all of the three grades.

Putting his glass down, Katsuragi spoke.

"Ishigami from Class 1 A, Yagami Takuya from 1 B, and two others."

He muttered the names of those who had been expelled from the first years.

"There was only one from the second year-Kushida Kikyou."

Ishizaki said, his voice breaking. Kushida was an excellent student. He couldn't parse that someone like her was expelled.

Then, Ryuen said the most shocking part of it all.

"Student Council Vice President Kiriyama, the president Nagumo and not to mention a teacher from the first years, Shiba."

This might have been the first time in the history of this school, that someone as powerful as the student council president had been expelled.

While the expulsions of students were common in this school, the expulsion of a teacher was completely unheard of.

Because of all this, the whole school was thrown into chaos.

"I think heeding her warning was for the best after all."

Reclining on his sofa, Ryuen said.

"What do you mean?" Thinking something was up, Ibuki asked.

"Ibuki, you were curious as to why I hadn't tried to mess up with Ayanokoji after the second semester started, right?"

Ibuki had found it suspicious. Ryuen was dead set on fighting him, but surprisingly this time he made no such moves.

"Right before the start of the second semester, Sakayanagi had said this to me: After the second semester starts, you better keep yourself a safe distance away from Ayanokoji. Otherwise, you will get caught in it."

Everyone found their breath caught in their throat.

"... Then, you mean..."

Hiyori didn't need to complete her sentence as Ryuen nodded. 

He took out his phone and dialed a number. After a few rings, the call was answered.

"Hello."

The one whom Ryuen had called was Ayanokoji.

"Kiyotaka, what should I wear for tomorrow's date."

Another voice could be heard from the other side which didn't belong to Ayanokoji.

"Kuku. You bastard, you are enjoying and chilling with your girlfriend as nothing happened after throwing the whole school into chaos."

"What do you mean?"

"Don't play dumb. I know that you were the one who had orchestrated all this."

There was a long silence before he answered.

"So, what?"

With that, he confirmed that all the expulsions that had happened recently were his doing.

"You really did it this time."

"It's not like I had any choice.I-"

"Kiyotaka, don't ignore me. Gimme that phone."

"Hey, Kei-"

The phone was then disconnected.

Ayanokoji was the mastermind behind all this. They were all clear of that fact. 

But how did he manage to do this? It would have one thing if only students were expelled. But even the student council president and vice-president were expelled not to mention even a teacher. And not to mention, he did it in a way no one noticed. Even if they know Ayanokoji was the mastermind behind all this, how he had done it was a mystery for them.

"Kukuku."

Ryuen suddenly started laughing, completely not befitting the current gloomy situation.

"What's wrong, Ryuen?"

"Yo, Ibuki. Do you understand what all this means?!"

He was still laughing and looked like a maniac. But Hiyori and Katsuragi didn't fail to notice the fear behind that laugh and the cold sweat on his forehead.

"What?"

Ishizaki, quite not sure what he was getting at, asked.

"This means that everyone in this school is at his mercy; at Ayanokoji's mercy, no matter if they are top-notch students or even a teacher. If he decides to get rid of someone, then they are done for. It doesn't matter who the opponent is. They are all fated to doom!"

When Ryuen laid it all out, a shiver ran down everyone's spine and they were overwhelmed with dread like never before.

They got to witness how fearsome this existence known as Ayanokoji Kiyotaka is.

They were all at his mercy. The whole school was at his mercy. Everyone was in the palm of his hands and once he decides to crush someone, all he needed to do was to clench his fist. It almost felt like he could crush everyone in this school with one move, completely and utterly, and they would be powerless to do anything.

They realized that he is someone that shouldn't exist in this world. It was unfair. It was illegal for him to be existing.

He was someone beyond they could fathom; someone who looks at them from a higher dimension.

Note:

It's been a long while!

Actually, I wanted to write my own version of the white room arc where Kiyotaka decides to get rid of every obstacle once and for all.

I wanted to write this before the original series concludes its White Room arc but since I am getting caught up in a lot of real-life stuff, I don't think it would be possible.

So, that was why I thought I would do an SS instead and satisfy myself with that.

Thank you for reading! Did you enjoy it?!