Happy Days Part 37

As the final bubbles of fun pinged away, the couple quieted.  Hye-won thought and spoke, matter-of-factly: 'we just...work, don't we?  Everything just...works with us.  We even laugh well together,' the unspoken words being clearly understood between them, though Seon-jae, in a moment of braggadocio display quite unlike him, slipped his tongue to the corner of his filthy smile: 'definitely not colourless, odourless or flavourless,' and it was enough to bring after-shocks of their earlier spasms.

They settled again, happiness an unseen garland binding them.  The thought passed through Hye-won's head that in the small hours of the morning - as it now was - most sane people would be fast asleep, not speaking their deepest wishes or having uncontrollable bursts of laughter over ridiculous things but she knew that she wouldn't wish to be that sane person ever again, if it meant giving up these precious times with Seon-jae.

It was long, quiet moments of contemplation and relaxation later that Seon-jae's voice sounded again, his curiosity clear: 'so how do you know?'

'So how do I know what?'

He placed both arms around her and swung her to his left, settling her on the pillow comfortably and placing himself right where she had been, lying length-wise upon her, his legs lying comfortably between hers and his weight held up by his elbows.  It was a moment of movement but it reminded her of his natural dominance that asserted itself at certain moments.  He just sees what he wants to do and does it.  That's very sexy, Lee Seon-jae.

She was still smirking when he reminded her that she hadn't answered him: 'well?'

'Sorry, I got a bit distracted there admiring your slick moves, Lover Boy.'

He couldn't hear that and not give a brattish grin but he didn't let it side-track him.

'Fine, admire my moves all you like but tell me how you know - how did you put it that that can't happen?'  I have other moves that I'm aching to show you but in time, my sexy one, in time. 

She was genuinely taken aback.

'Are you serious?'

'Yes, how do you know?'  

His eyes didn't move from her face, giving her no escape.

'Well, not that I want to go back to the science class for the second time in one night but there's the biology to consider.'

She paused.

'You mean, yours?'

'Yes, of course, I mean mine.'

'So, you don't have periods anymore, is that what you mean?'

He didn't feel any embarrassment talking about this - which surprised him as much as her - but somehow, after all that they had talked about, this just felt normal to him.

'Well, to be honest, I never really had regular periods anyway.  My doctor just told me that it was a combination of working too hard, too much stress, not sleeping enough and probably,' she looked a bit shamefaced, 'not eating enough, either.'  

He looked disapproving.

'I told you that I often got tummy aches and they just seemed less persistent, the less I ate, so it became a habit over the years, I suppose.'

He looked unconvinced but didn't pursue it.  

'So,' he thought this all through for a moment: 'is it ok if I ask you, when was your last period?'

He spoke quite confidently, amazing her, though she was so glad of it, as it made the whole conversation so much easier to have.

 She looked up and to the left: 'mmm...maybe...in prison?  Yes, I remember because it was annoying to have to tell the guards and get what I needed but then the second time, I remember being glad that I didn't have to ask again.'