New Lives Part 47

Mmm...comfy...

Before he opened his eyes, Seon-jae had a smile on his face, as he rolled his shoulders and felt the deep relaxation of a great night's rest.  He flicked his eyes open and saw that he and Hye-won were sharing the same pillow and he had his arm cosied around her, outside the covers.  She was still deeply asleep, lying on her back, her head rolled slightly towards his, as though even in sleep, she was aware of him beside her.  He lay quietly, just soaking up the sense of well-being that pervaded through him.  It's the best feeling in the world to wake next to Hye-won every morning now. 

He became aware of a deeper sense of ease and searched for a reason for it and then the night before came rushing back and he couldn't believe he had forgotten.  Our baby.  Baby Hye-jae.   His eyes returned to Hye-won's face, the happiness that those memories rose in him, irrepressible as rising bubbles.  He closed his eyes again to immerse himself in every moment of their incredible night - their flirting in the bar, her giggling in the lift that kiss, how good it felt to back her into the corner of the bedroom and then scoop her into his arms and carry her to bed.  His hips rolled, as the sexy scenes played out again in his head.  He tried - and failed - to summon her intoxicating scent to his conscious self but more easily saw again her stunning curves - so delicious and stimulating to him.  The impact of the magical realisation that had hit him, as his gaze had devoured her beautiful body charged through him again, perhaps even more thrilling now.  The way her extra curviness - to his eye - had felt under his hands - such soft voluptuousness - had his breath hitching and his pulse pounding, even in memory.  

He opened his eyes and again rested them on her sweetly peaceful features and it seemed ridiculous that neither of them had seen what was now so evident to him - the bloom of health that just seemed to shine upon her hair, her skin, even the plump rosiness of her lips.  It was as if her natural beauty was just...extra now, accentuated somehow.  She was perfect before. Now she is...heavenly.

He felt the shattering ache of their delicious union again, like none that they had shared before, the realisation that this life-changing love that they felt for each other had made another little person, making their joining almost too beautiful to withstand.  Hye-won's whispers as she shared the image that had thrilled them both, of their baby safe and happy between them -  blessing their love - brought tingles and urges rushing through him again, just as shockingly powerful as when he had first heard them.  He momentarily squeezed her beneath the covers, though so lightly, it was impossible that she would be disturbed.  He silently slid his hand down to splay across Hye-won's lower tummy and closed his eyes.  Without conscious thoughts, he just felt the connection to Hye-jae, as potent and real as the love he knew was within him for Hye-won.   I never thought I could love this woman more deeply and already now, I do.  This is who we are now - this little one is everything good in her and me, all in 1 tiny baby.  He felt tears rise up, so strongly did the urge to love and protect these 2, run within him.  

A practical voice in his head told him that lying here crying was not helping anyone and he slipped away quietly, to shower, dress and sort out breakfast for the family.

---