New Loves Part 63

A scene of domestic peace greeted the returning tourists.  Dinner simmered - the air sweet with its delicious scents - the indoor table was laid - candles glowing and wine bottles uncorked - and the 2 lovers worked and chatted together in contented bliss, to a back-drop of gorgeously evocative, Irish pipe music playing on the radio.  Everyone seemed to pause - loath to disturb such bliss - but both raised their heads and their happy smiles showed that they were delighted to see everyone.  As Ciara walked towards them, she put her head to 1 side to listen more carefully, then laughed and everyone looked to see what had amused her: 'Hye-won, do you know what tune you are listening to?' and of course, Hye-won didn't, though everyone now gave their full attention to the aching cries of the uilleann pipes playing the slow air.   Ciara was thoroughly amused - her rippling giggles flowly freely - and Hye-won had to ask: 'so, what's it called?' and Ciara gleefully answered: 'my dear, you are enjoying the wonders of - An Buachaill Caol Dubh - The Dark Slender Boy,' and everyone saw the funny side of it, none more so than Hye-won, who - while the others were laughing - turned her back to them for a moment and laid her hand on Seon-jae's cheek and murmured low, for his ears only: 'enjoyed his wonders all afternoon, as it happens,' and their smiles reached to the moon.

---

Hye-won then walked straight to Ji-soo and gave her a big hug, leaning back to smile at her: 'I can't get over the fact that you are actually here

Hye-won then walked straight to Ji-soo and gave her a big hug, leaning back to smile at her: 'I can't get over the fact that you are actually here...sorry I missed you this morning - I was a bit worn out after yesterday.'

Ji-soo didn't mind a bit but she looked worried, as she probed quietly: 'are you ok, though?  You were so deeply asleep last night...and I hope it's ok but In-seo told me that you fainted a few days ago and the paramedics were called.'

Hye-won paused for a fraction of a second not right now and laughed: 'I've been trekking around Europe for weeks with this troupe of minstrels - no wonder I was exhausted.' 

She called out to everyone: 'you must all be starving, let's eat,' and she moved to give the stew a final taste.  That felt wrong - I need to tell Ji-soo...and the rest.  But when?  Seon-jae caught the tension from her and he moved to stand beside her at the cooker, both with their backs to the others: 'what's wrong?' 

She didn't lift her head but responded quietly: 'you are right.  We need to tell them.'

She flicked her eyes down to her tummy, though he knew instantly what she was speaking of.  He made a decision immediately: 'after dinner, ok?' and she met his eyes and swallowed, nervously but nodded.  He put his arm around her shoulders: 'it will be fine.  Don't worry.  We will tell them together - all 3 of us,' and he flicked his eyes down to her tummy too and she felt her resolve firm up.  Ok Baby, ready or not, here we go.

---