Beautiful Life Part 6

As they approached the pub where they had spent such a memorable and happy first night together in Freiburg - as before, the pretty, outdoor lights seeming to twinkle just for them - Hye-won turned to Seon-jae: 'kartoffel zuppe - potato soup - anyone?' and he chuckled.  

He reached to hold the door open for her and then raised her hand high in his, to chivalrously brush its back with his lips, as he directed her across the threshold with an inclination of the head and a formal - nae agassi - my lady - you cute brat.  She played along, regally passing him in his knight's pose - head and shoulders gently inclined - then paused - as though only now deigning to notice this lowly subject - and leaned to whisper in his ear: 'lady...or baby?' before continuing her queenly progress.  

His agonised groan in her wake tickled a soft giggle and she had to turn her head to share the joke, the gleam in her eye, as unsettling as it was exciting.  We are going to enjoy tonight.

Unlike on their first night that Hye-won's joke referred to - when they had enjoyed tasting the local speciality - kartoffel zuppe - potato soup - they didn't take a seat at the front of the bar to eat but walked to the rear where they could hear that a musical session was already under-way.  A different group of musicians were playing with a different line-up of instruments but the mix was equally lively.  Jigs, reels, polkas, slow airs - all were delivered with gusto and the audience were noisy in their showing of appreciation.  Seon-jae drank 2 beers but Hye-won passed, though, at his request, she did sip his to taste it - finding it quite bitter and screwing up her face -  which made him laugh and fondle the back of her head.  That was so cute, Hye-won.  The couple relaxed and enjoyed the music and it was the perfect antidote to their earlier angst.  

As they pedalled home, Seon-jae - on the outside of Hye-won - looked at her with a beaming smile of joy and winked.  She groaned: 'getting your own back, I see?' and he laughed: 'something like that though really, it's just because you are so gorgeous and you make me so happy...my lady.'  

Then, as though the thought had only just occurred to him, he added in a low, sexy voice: 'soon to become...my baby.'  Though she tittered, a thrill of anticipation ran through her.  I'm so easy.  But I can't help it.  And I don't care.

---

On entering the flat, Hye-won opted to shower after the exercise of the bike ride home and Seon-jae asked archly: 'want me to join you?'  

His face dropped when Hye-won considered the suggestion and answered: 'sure.'  He looked again to check that she was serious.  She answered insouciantly: 'you showered me and washed my hair a few weeks ago.  Surely, I can return the compliment.'

Throwing his eye-brows to the ceiling - be my guest - he reached and opened the bathroom door and repeated his exaggerated chivalry of earlier, this time, his arm gesture and my lady accompanied by a bow.  As she passed ahead of him, she paused to pinch his cheek to punish such - aegyo - cuteness -and he laughed deep in his throat.