SILENCE

"I can only give you ten minutes, son. No more than that, alright? It's for your own good." The King said.

SeokJin was tired of waiting until things got better. He didn't want to assume the best outcome anymore when the reality showed the opposite. He'd rather approach his twin brother, of which he hasn't seen properly for several years instead of hiding in plain sight. He's only heard from his parents. It wasn't much, yet he handled it well.

The young prince is unsure of how getting only ten minutes is for his best. 

He leisurely treads down the stone stairs, with a mind blank like a canvas. The air is thinly cold and tight. His throat remains dry no matter how much saliva he's swallowed, even blood won't fully compensate for any of his growing uncertainty. 

With every new beginnings, SeokJin always starts with hesitation. He hasn't spoken a word to his twin brother for almost ten years. It wasn't any of their fault that things had to turn out this way. 

The only time he'd see Xavier was just a brief glance. The rest was training, hunting and studying. SeokJin had forgotten to check his brother after every lesson. Nevertheless, due to the exhaustion it took a toll on the young lad, he never got the chance to properly look around for Xavier. 

Each step becomes heavier and slower, like rocks multiplying each step. SeokJin's shoulders brood forwards and strands of his damp hair cover his sight.

However, it does not faze him as his steps dragged him to the closed wooden door. His twin brother is asleep on the other side, all alone. Usually there's a guard or two standing by the door or at least inside the small chamber. 

Again, his mind is still clueless as how and what he's going to say to Xavier. 

Nonetheless he twists the doorknob open, not ever too quickly, but gently that the door gives off a soft creak. He promptly looks at the condition of the old wooden door and left it barely open. His Father had urged him to leave the door open and in return, SeokJin can go visit Xavier alone. 

There, on the bed rests his brother. A face exactly the same as SeokJin, yet born a few minutes older and has silver hair was stuck in a heavy slumber. He has his arms on top of his chest, with a porcelain white sheet covering all the way to his waist. It was quite difficult to see his full face, regardless of the candlelight on the nightstand.

"Heh, so that's what I look like when I'm asleep ..." SeokJin mumbles under his breath.

SeokJin ambles close towards the bed until he gets a clear view of the ice-cold face. He shoves both palms inside his pockets, but ends up crossing them. 

He sighs, "Hey, brother. How are you doing?" 

His arms felt heavy so they were now just dangling on the sides. He doesn't expect Xavier to answer, regardless of his deep slumber. Such deep exhales were evident on Xavier's rising chest. His eyes and lips remained sealed. 

Without knowing of what had happened a few days ago with MinYoung, SeokJin only assumes that Xavier has been hiding out of sight. He doesn't know the reason, but believes in the white lie of his parents. He didn't really think of it as much and dismissed his on ideas.

Would there be any reason as to why he'd doubt his own parents?

"Haven't seen you since we were teens. It's been such a long time, right?" SeokJin said. 

Their breathing was loudly subtle amidst the silence. He doesn't expect an answer from his brother. SeokJin was just content in seeing his brother. He didn't spend much time with his parents anyway.