SANCTUARY

"Mother, look what I've managed to produce during my training!" A young boy squeals in delight as he shows his Mother a finely formed crystal.

"That's my boy." she smiles endearingly at her son, lightly ruffling her son's hair.

Hell breaks loose when high-pitched screams overlapping each other tore the parent's attention away. She clings closely to her son, holding him tight to her chest. Worried and confused, the child clutches tightly to his Mother's shirt. 

The hollow screams bellowed into a chaotic mess. Both woman and child start running for shelter, but she wasn't quick enough as she and her son were swallowed by an unknown string of darkness, creepily crawling up and around her body. 

She releases her son and urges him to run away and fast. The boy did as told, but freezes midway as he screams in frustration. The strings of darkness didn't flinch at his change of courage and instead it swallowed him whole, alongside with his Mother.

A bright light flashes powerfully towards the darkness, causing the thick moss to dissipate into emptying mists. The bodies, or to be exact, the skeletons of both the Mother and child entangled together caused a wave of nausea to Sehun. 

"This can't be happening ..." Prince Jimin sighs under his breath, pulling his sleeves back down to his wrist, hiding the gleaming light away from curious eyes. 

Sehun held his composure as much as possible. Tears were threatening to spill from his eyes, the burning sensation evident on the ends of his eyelids. He stifled a sob and swallowed the need to throw up at this moment. 

"Let us hurry to the others. We can't keep losing like this." Sehun clears his throat.

He commands the soldiers to collect the skeletons carefully and to bury the bodies underground. The lieutenant has lost count of how many bodies were found in a shocking state. He was beginning to lose his mind as to why today, out of all days, it had to be an invasion. 

The only safe place for now was the underground garden, but that in itself isn't enough to provide space for the others here. Sehun doesn't know how much time is left for the Sanctuary to survive, but he's willing to put all his effort to stop the kingdom from a total genocide. 

Nonetheless, the small group continued forward.

Sehun could not bear the unsettling sensation in his gut.

Time had seem to linger far quite slow. The screams were rendered silent for a few moments. Anger courses through the young prince and without thinking, he makes his first move. 

SeokJin lunges towards his brother, but barely makes success as Xavier disappears in the blink of an eye. He makes a perfect save from falling on his arms, making a swift move to stand upright and chase his twin brother. Xavier manages to avoid each punch coming from his twin brother, but the latter himself wasn't giving up. 

Deep and dark red blood slowly streams down the Queen's stomach. She stifles the urge to cough the red liquid, before falling against the embrace of Taehyung and NamJoon. Out of words and paralysed at what's happened before them, tears start to stream down NamJoon's eyes.

"Come back here!" SeokJin runs out of the chamber and his voice is nothing but a whisper to their ears.

Taehyung grits his teeth. Without wasting another second he hurriedly gets up to chase after the twins, followed by Yoongi as well. 

NamJoon, at a loss and confused didn't know how to make the situation better. He had no idea how to heal, let alone stop the wound from bleeding intensely. This reminded him of a horrible event and it was as if the horrors were repeating all over again.