SINGULARITY

Day by day, the dreaded screams and howls reach through every corridor, and eventually every ear. It takes a moment for everyone, one by one individual to register the scream and wake up, allowing their thoughts to drown out their sleep.

The Elders, the King and the Sanctuary's council, a group of 5 members, assembled together one night. There has been an ongoing dire situation that couldn't be ignored. 

After a month, roughly twenty percent of the Sanctuary's restoration has been worked on. Moving the big boulders and filling in the holes hadn't been an easy task. They were still down from the injuries and overwhelming sadness. They couldn't recover fast if they strained themselves, both sentries and voluntary civilians. 

The Elders occupy the seats at the table. 

They were a bit earlier than the scheduled time.

They were concerned because of the incessant nightmares and MinYoung's lack of sleep. She barely comes out of her room, let alone talks to the Elders and Mizu. She has been quiet ever since she woke up from her one-week coma. She stops performing her daily cleansing and prayers.

The bags under her eyes were prominent. She has lost her sense of touch with reality. As of often, she'd say Xavier is behind them or somewhere hiding amongst the shadows. They knew her words were a form of an intense hallucination because, on those occasions, they're sure Xavier is gone for good.

She could not rid of the image and horrible events that went through. The trickling sensation sent shivers through her body as she almost died from blood loss. 

"She's getting worse day by day. For the first time, I don't know what to do anymore." sighs one of the Elders. 

Hearing the gut-wrenching scream of MinYoung's raw voice leaves an internal wound amongst the Elders. 

"I feel like we've failed our position. We couldn't protect her very well."

"She hasn't stepped out of her room."

"I pity the young lass. That's something no one deserves to go through."

The doors of the meeting chamber creak open, signaling the five members' appearance. The Elders quickly stand up from their chairs. They rose from their seats and bowed.

"Be seated, dear Elders." 

Followed behind is the sullen King. The bags under his eyes were also a bit apparent. He could not sleep or even think of sleeping. He has been keeping himself distracted to repair the Sanctuary as soon as possible. 

It is not necessary for one to sleep. They can last for several days without closing their eyes. It is simply just to pass time and to regain one's energy as fast as possible. 

"Good evening, everyone." the King announces as he takes his seat on the end. 

"Good evening, your majesty,"

The King places his arm on the armchair, allowing himself to rest his back comfortably. 

A blank expression. The lack of light in his eyes. His chest contracts. Day by day, his dismay grows. Night by night, the mountains are filled with eerie and hushed throes, reminding each and every one of them of that fateful night. 

The birth of a child wounds the King, even as he forces a smile on his face. The death of the elderly scratches at his pride. 

Where did he go wrong with all of this? Had he made a terrible decision in the first place? Did he go too far? What went wrong? What did he not notice?

"I heard some concerns regarding dear MinYoung." the King says firstly after clearing his throat. 

Uncertainty spreads among the committee.