SLY FOX

. . . 

A few hanging red strings were examined in between the King's fingers. The material seems dry, yet tainted with blood. He deduces the strings in silence and concludes that it is Xavier's own blood. 

The King slowly shakes his head. 

In between his rough fingers, he squeezes the strings. The sensation contrasts to the harshness of his skin. The material is akin to an intestine; so warm, squishy and slimy and warm. Yet the overall feeling reminded him of actual ropes instead of intestines. 

He gently places the material atop the petri dish. He wipes his palms using a clean napkin and disposes it into the laundry bin. The King starts to worry whether he's harmed Xavier by cutting through the thin silk-like ropes. It didn't look like the young man was alarmed with pain. Rather, he was quite calm about it before he passed out. 

Faint steps echo in the background and the King slowly turns around.

"How is he coping?" The King inquires to his wife.

She gently cups his rough cheeks, of which hasn't recently been shaved clean. The Queen's eyes were half-lidded yet beaming to open. There's so much to do ever since the Sanctuary grew and there's still more to it. There's the scenario of nurturing her children to the fullest, yet the abrupt knowledge of Xavier's exposed powers somehow worries her. 

It's not like anything she's seen before. Then there's the community of the elders and the two delicate young girls, of whom are the same ages as her sons. There isn't much of an issue regarding their stay within the Sanctuary. In fact, she didn't mind their presence at all. She welcome them with open arms. 

She caresses her husband's cheeks with each fingertips, inducing the latter to give in to her warmth. The resting heart manages to flutter at his small affection. 

"Xavier's just resting now. I don't know how I'll explain that situation to SeokJin ... boy is quite frightened at the incident just now." 

The King gently grabs her palm and kisses the top of it, "We'll figure it out, together, like we did ensure for SeokJin."

Assured by the gentle kiss on the back of her palm, she smiles widely at her husband. Her gaze eventually lands at the dried bloody string. The King notices her interest and exhales a strained breath. 

"It's quite fascinating ... that power of Xavier's, but I don't know whether to fear it or to embrace it." The King begins. 

He thought of waiting for an hour or even possible several days to see if there are any changes. Regardless of the abrupt power he's witnessed recently, the King does not want to doubt his own son at all. Xavier is his own blood and all and having suspicions might bring more casualties. 

"From the looks of it, it doesn't seem dangerous, unless it's used for a particular good reason. It's just a silky material even after it's dry. Nothing screams harm on it." The King explains briefly after all his short findings in less than an hour. 

He checks the dried stains on the tip of his fingers. He's thoroughly examined for any signs of harm, but there's none. 

"I'll have someone do a study further onto this." the King ends it off. 

He stands up from his chair, only for the wife to place her palm on his chest. The King raises an eyebrow. It's been quiet for a while now. Somehow, the uneven exhales from his wife almost frightens him. 

"Darling ... there's another matter that seems highly unlikely to be gravely ... unless we ask one of our mens to find out about it." She says in a rather soft tone.