BLACK MAMBA

The presence surrounding the familiar face is not recognisable to the Queen. Her mouth was quivering at the horrible sensation crawling around her skin. She was on the verge to cry, yet kept the swelling emotions locked inside. 

Eager to reach to her son, the Queen attempts to take a staggering step forward. She abruptly falls, but successfully lands in the arms of Jimin. A scowl appears on the latter, a smirk forming on SeokJin. 

Or what was left of him.

"Your Grace, please don't act out rashly. That man is not your son."

Her heart almost drops at the mere statement. She could feel the presence of Xavier and SeokJin, but it was so faint, cold and distant. It was confusing to find a distinction because for all she knew, Xavier had been consumed. 

She could blame herself for all the wrong ways she's done to raise the twins up. She would've gone back in time to notice what had led to this chaos. She could've tried to fix any misunderstandings as much as she'd hoped to come to an agreement. 

However, the King has achieved so much in order to reach this far. She did not give up supporting her husband no matter what, regardless of the consequences that may follow. She was at peace as a normal human being before, yet some events led her to change nature. It was a life filled with conflicting choices and concerns. 

"It has been a long time, dear sister."

A figure in the form of a shadow treads ever so lightly on the ground. Wisps of shadows unfurl in different directions, threatening to wrap a thin but deadly string around SeokJin's nape. The Queen's heart almost drops at the familiar presence and the voice she'd sworn to cut ties with.

"Why are you doing this?" the Queen rasps, clutching half-heartedly onto Jimin.

"I don't need to explain, do I? Everything happens for a reason and I don't have to waste time on you!" he roars, lunging forward towards the Queen and Jimin without any warning. 

In a second, Jimin summons his scimitar from midair and throws it towards SeokJin's direction. He leaps up to dodge the incoming weapon. The prince does a somersault mid air, but Jimin disappears before he could even land an attack. 

The Queen was gone from the chamber and Jimin reappeared from where his scimitar stuck to the wall. He crouches well on the center of the sword, albeit his lightweight mass supported the balance. 

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. What a dirty trick you're putting me on, Prince Jimin. Or should I say apostate!" 

A dagger was thrown at Jimin's direction. He twirls upwards and throws a thin needle towards the imposter that is now residing in the Prince's body. Jimin didn't care if he'd injured SeokJin. As long as the imposter decided to transfer to another body, he would not stop until it's done. 

He dodges to the side with a roll and Jimin lands back safely on both foot. The two men stare intently at each other. A sly smile appears on SeokJin's lips and a flat out angry look was evident on Jimin's face.

"Get out of that body while you can. You don't belong there, or anywhere at all. I should've ended you when I had the chance." Jimin barks the order at the former.

In retaliation, the latter raises up his arm and bites deeply. He drags his arm across, the fangs burrowing a trail of fresh blood wound. A trickle of thick black purple liquid sets across the exposed flesh, inducing trails of smoke to wind up. 

Jimin was prepared for a moment like this and had been waiting for such suspense to come at him for quite some time. He already knew some day that this would approach. He held tightly onto his now summoned and solely trusted scimitar.