RE:MIND

A pair of hands gently cups the petals of a rose. It was tender and quite rather soft to the touch. She assumed that every petal and leaves had its own difference of roughness. At least, that's what she felt las time.

She was careful enough not to lift it up too high, afraid that she'd ripped it off from its stem. The sight before her very own two palms very a delight to her heart. The petal colours were so unique that the lass wished she could bring it home.

"It's ... beautiful." MinYoung remarks. 

Light and careful footsteps approach the lass. She crouches down to MinYoung's height and gently touches the maroon and white petals. Both were in mere fascination at the unique sets of flowers. 

"What do you think these are called?" Mizu inquires. 

MinYoung shrugs her shoulders and pulls her palms away, leaving the maroon and white petal rose to balance on his own stem against the calm wind. The lass ties her hair up to avoid hair strands slapping on her face.

"These, my dears, are called Osiria Roses. They are, as you witnessed just now, are a rare and unique combination of maroon and red petals. They are so rare that you can only witness them in sacred and familiar places." explains one of the Elders. 

"Is it because it's grown nearby the Sanctuary?" Mizu asks.

The Elder nods in return, weakly tugging at her knitted cape.

Days, months and years have passed by spending time around the Elders. They haven't interacted much with other parties and sometimes, they're considered as everlasting outsiders. They kept travelling on land and ever so rarely the sea. Fatigued days cluster up into a single flash of memory. 

The pain of walking for hours before finding a safe shelter burned into a distant recollection.

"We should head back. The sun seems about to set anytime soon." remarks one of the other Elders.

MinYoung glances at the direction of the sun and her lips droop into dismay. The sun is still hung quite high, but not high enough to convince the former to stay outside for a while. Sometimes, she wishes she could say no and stay out here for a bit longer.

The girls stood up, slight disappointment evident on their faces. 

"Not you two. You ladies can stay for a while before the sun sets." the Elder mentioned.

The two women share surprised glances at each other, shock and contentment overwhelming them. Out of words, they announce their thanks to the Elders, of whom were slowly returning back to the Sanctuary with a smile. They tread lightly on the crops and made their way fast along the soil tracks.

Was it obvious on their faces? Had someone among the Elders manage to read minds? 

The two face each other and embrace for a hug, but now that MinYoung thinks about it, there's not really much to do in a sea of flowers if there wasn't anything to document it with. 

"You're thinking the same thing as I am. What are we going to do now?" MinYoung inquires as the two carefully tread over the flowers and rest their weight on the soil tracks.

"I don't know. I was thinking to suggest taking some of the roses back to our chamber, given that we have empty vases and all."

MinYoung was rather against the idea of cutting the osiria roses back to their chamber. There wasn't much natural sunlight coming through and the only source of light was a candelight. That in itself isn't sufficient and will definitely kill the flower in less than a day. She thought of placing the vase somewhere with natural light, yet it'd probably be far from their reach.