An Eternal Breath

"MinYoung—!" 

Her eyes widen at the enveloping darkness and the unexpected empty space. 

She inhales a gasp. 

Time had seemed to slow down. Her heart drops. 

She blinks, expecting at that moment to die. Her fingers reach out to the air. 

Sehun grunts, grabbing MinYoung's wrist before she plunged into the darkness. NamJoon was by the edge, his attempt to save MinYoung from the hole went futile. He grips tightly on the roots from falling over. 

MinYoung's breathless pants reverberated around the chamber. All the individuals nearby rushed over in hopes to make a line behind Sehun and pull them up. 

"Please, pull up fast—" 

The lass' words were cut off once again when the familiar stiff thorns tightly wrap around her waist. Her voice is lost. She gasps once more to scream, only to be pulled down swiftly. 

"No!" 

The screams and gasps of the Elders deafened in the hallway. Sehun lost the grip and the friction eased. He almost falls over through the pit. N encloses one arm around the general, pulling him with the help of the other sentries. 

They all fall back against each other like dominos. 

The last thing they all heard was the distant cold howls and hoarse scream of MinYoung and Xavier's wicked laughter. 

Sehun scrambles forward. Nothing can be seen from the dead end. Darkness only greets them in return. 

"I'm going in." he announces. 

"I'm coming with you." N urges, but is stopped by Sehun's sword. 

"Come with and I will kill anyone that's in sight." 

The others backed out of the pit and Sehun leaps through the hole. Once the general threatens the sword at you, they all know not to push his buttons. 

The general's figure is enveloped by the darkness once again. The wind dances around his frame and cheeks. His nose was cold and burning due to the dense pressure, but it doesn't affect him or his lungs at all. 

Sehun flips forward and lands softly on one knee.

The light from above barely reaches where he's landed. He quickly glances up, noticing some small heads staring at the abyss. 

He averts his attention back to the strange underground chamber. It was empty and not serene at all for a normal human being. He carefully looks around the empty space. There were multiple arched openings. 

Sehun closes his eyes. He breathes in deeply, distinguishing for MinYoung's scent from the earth. 

His thoughts, intervened when multiple thorns acting on their own emerged from the ground. He leaps off from the ground. Several thorns shoot out in his direction. He dodges the attack with a simple swerve. 

Sehun swiftly cuts the thorns, but one gets stuck in a solidified piece. He lands against a wall, pushing himself off to divert the attack. 

As Sehun fights the strange entity, MinYoung tries her best to wriggle out of the hold. Each struggle results in the thorn strangling her body even tighter. She whimpers, gasps and whines at the thorns digging into her arms. Her blood trickles down her arms, soaking the ground and her clothes.

"P—please ..." she gasps, her heart pounding faster than ever. 

She could not see anything, let alone hear any nearby footsteps. Her body trembles. It is cold and hard to breathe. The underground terrain is dense in its pressure that MinYoung takes careful exhales. Her veins were almost popping.