WARMTH

. . . 

Nestled comfortably in layers of the freshly washed blanket, MinYoung remains deeply asleep. The physical nightmares that almost engulfed her into an abyss were easily taken away. 

Mizu, on the other hand stands over the heavy sleeper. She crosses her arms and ponders whether to wake the lass up. Every morning, the ladies must do an early cleansing before heading for their first meal of the day. It was like a morning prayer before starting their day.

"Why am I even thinking about this at all?" She mutters to herself. 

The lass carefully studies the peaceful-like expression on MinYoung's face. It looked so serene and graceful that somehow couldn't be disturbed. 

However, through the short dilemma, Mizu knew better to wake MinYoung up instead of letting her continue her slumber. They had a few activities to do, especially with sudden additions into their daily chores from the Elders. 

It was unexpected, but they can't question them, as it'll only lead to bitter smiles, silence and unanswered questions. However, given the free shelter from the Sanctuary and the noble vampire family, it was more than enough for these two compared to walking for endless days outside. 

Mizu reaches out and gently shakes MinYoung's shoulder's. It took her a few tugs to properly wake her up. 

Once her eyes flutters open, it's as if last night's troubles never happened. She couldn't recall anything. Not even the reason why her heart throbbed so heavily. 

The red pair of eyes that blazed against the darkness were nothing but darkness. The sly demeanour that cornered MinYoung almost to her death. The uncontrollable thirst and hunger for her blood was washed away with another dream.

"Good morning, Mizu." MinYoung smiles brightly as she proceeds to pull the blanket away. 

MinYoung only feels warmth, albeit taking a cold shower from the gushing waterfall didn't affect her that much. She felt endearingly happy first thing in the morning. 

When the two young ladies finished their morning activities, the two were escorted to the dining hall. It was still empty by this time. Two well-trusted guards were requested to watch over the two and to protect them from any source of danger. Although both girl's were under careful observation, it felt as if they were going to strike them down anytime.

It was quite often Mizu's thoughts that they would be kidnapped, no matter who the party is. 

MinYoung stares at the freshly made chicken soup with tenderly boiled vegetables in one bowl and rice on the other plate. She had already eaten half of the portion. Breakfast was mainly the first thing that got her excited to wake up to in the morning, aside from also doing her morning prayers. 

With that said, MinYoung finished her breakfast without speaking to Mizu, as she should whilst eating. 

"Thank you for the food." MinYoung remarks and proceeds to wash her hands on a small bowl of water provided alongside too.

Mizu's eyes widen, albeit she's always seen her eat fast compared to the former.

"As expected, the instant eater finishes fast. I can't catch up with you up until now throughout all these years." 

MinYoung reaches out for the towel and dabs her fingers dry, "Eating is not a competition, you know. I just keep thinking of food in my sleep."

Although their surroundings were desolate, empty yet quiet, these two could only feel the comfort and warmth spending their time together. They began as mere strangers, of whom have grown up to become something like sisters.