EPILOGUE

The uneasiness of a knotting sensation rips through his stomach. 

He couldn't sleep. No, he couldn't close his eyes. There were so many unknown thoughts roaming in his head. 

He sits up, holding the pounding head in his palm. He pushes the blanket away, letting his legs dangle from the bed. He ruffles his parted black hair.

The young man holds his nape before cracking it swiftly. He touches his hair, which has strangely grown quite long. It almost reaches his nape if he continues to let this grow.

SeokJin hasn't aged much since that incident and neither did he remember what happened after that. He knows that his mother has passed. He and his father were still in a complicated situation.

Even if he tries to remember what the Elders and the general had told him, he received more pounding headaches trying to. 

The prince surveys his surroundings. Some of his younger brothers were asleep, whilst others were busying themselves with reconstruction. Taehyung's blanket fell to the ground. Hoseok is sleeping upside down, as that was his preferred method. Both NamJoon and Yoongi were the normal ones. 

SeokJin notices that only Jungkook and Jimin weren't present. 

He had lost count of the fleeting days. He couldn't tell if six months or a year has passed. They were repetitive and unpleasant to the prince. There was no thrill to his life. He wanted pleasure and entertainment. This repetition was eating his life bit by bit without him noticing it, until later.

It was gnawing on his life.

SeokJin gets off the bed with ease, careful not to make any creaking sound. 

He ambles barefoot in light steps, letting his lethargic body sway left and right. 

He halts right before the wall, placing his palm against the surface to hold himself straight. SeokJin sweeps his hair with both palms. He closes his eyes, envisioning the last construction site.

He transpires out of the blue, but it doesn't surprise the spectators, Jungkook and Jimin there. 

He stumbles in his step. Jungkook rushes to catch his brother on time. He grabs his whole arm and swiftly pulls him to stand up. 

SeokJin lurches forward, leaning his head and arms around Jungkook. Jimin excuses himself from nailing the nets, passing his task to someone else. He makes a quick run to SeokJin. 

"Brother, isn't it early for you to be up at this time?," Jungkook asks.

The latter carries SeokJin by the arm, bringing him to sit on the ground. SeokJin rests against the wall as Jungkook and Jimin kneel in front of him. SeokJin's mind is out and about.

"We don't really need sleep that much," SeokJin replies, a low chuckle escaping his gaping lips. 

Jungkook nods and shakes his head, agreeing on either way. Jimin briefly checks the situation on their right.

"Is something keeping you up, brother?" Jimin inquires. 

SeokJin's hand rises, his palm wafting the air around them. He squeezes his eyes shut before opening them slowly. SeokJin clears his throat. 

Today is the only chance he'd need to get out. He couldn't stand staying indoors anymore. He wants to do something. To feel a bit of thrill and excitement in his stomach. To feel some actual concerns and a more twisting sensation.