RED BLOSSOM

Blobs of red splatter against the black abyss, its dense liquid slowly trails down in an elongated stretch. 

Silence is imminent in this moment as soft whispers come to a halt.  

It is quite impossible whether to tell if the eyes are closed or not. There isn't any detectable breathing nor is there any other presence. There's no sense of clues where it's a four-enclosed wall room or just an empty abyss stretched into eternity. 

A strange and unorganized tune of piano keys sound in the distant. A quiet and muffled wail chirps in, belonging either to a child or either boy or girl. The sound of the crisp wind is now muffled by a layer of ringing and silence. 

The skin start to form bumps as the cold air seeps and wraps itself around it. The cool air becomes dense as each minute passes. A trail of wetness forms heavily, trickling downwards. The redness doesn't stop. It keeps flowing out, ever so leisurely. The escaping breaths run erratically and the heat almost runs out, replacing with coldness.

Something cold and sharp is pierced through the layer of fat. Taking it out will cause the internal bleeding to speed up. Both arms grow weak with every second and the vision is of no help at all.

Hesitant breaths barely made it to a full inhale. Strands of hair stick in an unsettling way on the nape. The fingers are itching to remove it, but the frantic eyes are more worrying

She couldn't see anything, let alone identify what had just happened. 

MinYoung was almost relieved when help came to her, but once her doubts crept us, she didn't hesitate to run. She kept running and running and running until she found herself inside a cave. She was resting for a moment. She doesn't know how many minutes was a moment.

After fighting through the howling wind, her energy begins to wear out. MinYoung slowly relaxes and rests flat on the cold, damp ground. It was a bumpy ground, but she didn't give a care about it. She forces her arms to raise up and hold the cold knife punctured on the side of her stomach. 

MinYoung does not dare to pull it out. She wanted to make sure if it was real.

With shaking hands, she gently touches the wound, albeit slightly applying too much pressure and causing her to moan in agony. She squeezes her eyes shut to tolerate the agony on her right side. 

She is thirsty and tired. She's scared and lost. MinYoung is worried about Mizu instead of the possibility that the Elders will scold her. She's frightened of the incident and especially the stranger that had approached her.

She hoped that this wasn't a punishment from the Elders.

MinYoung leans on her left side, leaving the knife to point downwards instead of dangling sideways. 

Trickles of sweat pour from her forehead and down to the ground. Her exhales became light and her eyes slowly close.

She hoped that someone, anyone from the Sanctuary that she knows would find Mizu soon.  

As her eyes shut in, MinYoung is brought to another realm. The bleeding has managed to stop, but being unable to move wouldn't get anywhere near home. 

Brisk and cautious footsteps enter the cave within the following ten minutes. He simply followed the path and momentarily admired the raging waterfall flickering droplets on his face. He can sense a very strong scent of blood, but the water droplets were interfering at the same time.

He observed each and every running droplet that was rushing from above of a ledge to a downstream somewhere. Doing so often doesn't usually strain the vampire sight and it definitely would hurt a normal human pair. He wouldn't want to find out by jumping and he'd rather stay on land.