An Eternal Breath - 3

'I have always loved you, my dear sons.'

The pair of eyes that have been closed for almost a week shots wide open. 

SeokJin jolts up awake and he lurches forward. Beads of sweat trickle down his body. He isn't aware of how long he's been out. He breathes out heavily and quickly. The young prince is still processing the incident right after his awakening. 

His eyes glaze a bright shade of red. Anger, frustration, and grief still course through him. He grips onto the bed sheets tightly, ready to throw them directly at the wall. He pulls the bedsheet, his newly long-grown nails ripping through the material. 

He seethes at the memory, especially at Xavier. 

"Brother ... SeokJin?" a timid voice intervenes at the right moment. 

Just now awake and sitting on the chair for a painful amount of hours is the pale boy with a notebook at hand. He was in the middle of inscribing the events as some sort of diary. It takes SeokJin a moment to realize who has called him.

"Y—Yoongi?" he asks, squinting his eyes to get a better view of the small figure. 

"H—Hey, you're awake," he says with a genuine smile. 

SeokJin released the tension gripped on the bedsheet and glanced at the worn material. He slowly turns his body to face the latter. He notices that it's only Yoongi in the chamber. 

What strikes him further confusion was an additional bed next to NamJoon's. 

"How long ... have I been out for?"

Yoongi closes the notebook. It was dug out from a hidden cabinet in the library. The notebook was a bit crinkly and old, but he liked the ancient feeling. 

"Almost a week," Yoongi replies.

He sets the notebook aside. 

"Brother SeokJin, how do you feel?"

SeokJin shuffles to sit on the edge of the bed. He raises one shoulder, slowly cracking the bones, which gave a satisfying crack. 

"I don't know Yoongi. I don't know." SeokJin states, his blank expression boring into Yoongi's concerned face. 

"I think I'll go call the nurse to check up on you. Is that fine?" 

SeokJin thinks of this matter for a bit and shakes his head. 

"It's alright. I think I want to be alone for now." 

Yoongi takes on the message pretty quickly. He brings the chair back to the table and ambles to his own bed. Initially, he wanted to talk to SeokJin. He wanted the prince to be able to express whatever he was going through right now. 

However, that didn't seem like a good idea. 

SeokJin lies back down on his bed. He faces the wall, abstaining from talking to anyone. He feels hungry, yet chooses to merge with the bed. He pulls his legs up, wrapping both arms around them. 

'I have always loved you, my dear sons.'

The bloody images of his mother resurface in his mind. 

Slender fingers latch onto the other. They form a solid grip. They hold no intention of letting go anytime soon. His breaths cut short. Bitter tears form in his eyes, blurring his sight. He cups his mouth from making any sound. Yoongi is there. He doesn't want Yoongi to hear him.