28-Failure

Vote, comment

*peter's POV*

I got home and felt like absolute shit, I was wearing a tourist shirt and hello kitty pants.

I knocked on the door to may's apartment. She opened the door and looked terrified.

"Hey." I whispered.

"I've been calling you all day. You didn't answer your phone. You can't do that. Then this ferry thing happens. I've called five police stations. Five. I called five of your friends. I called Ned's mother." May said, in destress

"I'm fine. May, I'm okay. Honestly, just relax. I'm fine." I begged.

"Cut the bullshit." May said.

I began to tear up.

"Cut the bullshit. I know you left detention. I know you left the hotel room in Washington. I know you sneak out this house every night. That's not fine. Peter, you have to tell me what's going on. Just lay it out. It's just me and you." She yelled.

"I lost the Stark internship." I said, crying.

"What?" She asked.

"Yeah." I told her.

"What happened?" She asked.

"I just thought that I could work really hard and he could— he would— You know. But...I screwed up." I said.

"Oh, it's okay, it's okay. It's okay." She said, hugging me.

"I'm sorry I made you worry." I said.

"You know I'm not trying to ruin your life." She said.

"Yeah, I know." I told her.

"Just— I used to sneak out too." May said.

She smelt my hair and made a face.

"And take a shower. You smell." She told me.

"I know." I said, getting up.

I feel so stupid, this is what I meant when I told Mr Stark "when you can do the things that I can, but you don't, and then the bad things happen. They happen because of you."

I was so terrified of that happening and I let it get to my head and then I put everyone in danger, including Rosanna, which was my biggest fear. She didn't deserve this and the argument that me and her dad had today really upset her.

I'd been thinking about Rose a lot recently and I couldn't figure out why, it was driving me insane.

I sat in my room, on my bed for hours in silence. All I was doing was thinking. I was worried about Rosanna, but I knew it would've been a bad idea to message her. She's struggling and probably doesn't want the one who's pissed her dad off, to be messaging her.

I never have any idea what she's thinking, how she feels about me. I know she does care about me, but as much as I care about her? No chance. I don't even know if it's in that way. Even if it is, I'm gonna have to block that shit right out.

But, come on, Peter. You like Liz! Remember? Liz! Liz!

Damn it.

All I can think about, is the fact that when I was getting so worried about that damn bomb, the only person I was thinking about was Rosanna. Not Liz, not even Ned. Rosanna. That's all. WHY?!

She's the one I've been thinking about before I close my damn eyes at night, I've been worried about her before I fall asleep.

she's the one I've been thinking about when I wake up. That classic 'should I message her?' Or 'should I not message her?' Thought just resurfaces itself in my brain as soon as I open my eyes in the morning. That's. Not. Good.  Damn it!

You know what though? Maybe it's just because she's been going through a lot and I wanna check if she's okay, right? Right?

Or! Maybe it's because she's my best friend, right? But then why didn't I think about Ned aswell?

Nope, you know what I'm not thinking about this right now. Forget about it.