27-It's not working

Vote, comment

Me and Peter sat on the roof of a  random building. I tried to talk to him but he was really upset. Suddenly my, dad began to fly over.

"Previously on Peter screws the Pooch, I tell you to stay away from this. Instead, you hacked a multimillion-dollar suit so you could sneak around  behind my back doing the one thing I told you not to do." My dad said.

I rolled my eyes and got down and started to make my way to the stairwell, I didn't want to listen to this.

"Nope, I'm not done with you either Rosanna." My dad said, as he pointed a finger at me.

I stopped and leaned against the wall and kept my mouth shut.

He was definitely pissed off, he said 'Rosanna'.

"Is everyone okay?" Peter asked.

"No thanks to you." My dad said.

"No thanks to me?" Peter said.

Peter got off the wall and walked over to my dad, that wasn't a good idea.

"Those weapons were out there and I tried to tell you about it, but you didn't listen. None of this would've happened if you'd have just listened to me!" Peter yelled.

"Peter, stop!" I yelled, walking over to him.

I didn't like that he was yelling at him, everything was reminding me of the Steve thing recently and the fact that Peter yelled at him, reminded me of Steve and My dad arguing the most. So obviously I got upset.

"No! If he even cared he'd actually be here." Peter said, scoffing.

That was a mistake.

My dad stepped out of his suit.

"I did listen, kid. Who do you think called the FBI, huh? Do you know that I was the only one who believed in you? Everyone else said I was crazy to recruit a 14-year-old kid." My dad said.

Peter interrupted him "I'm 15."

"No. this is where you zip it, all right? The adult is talking." My dad yelled.

I flinched.

"What if somebody had died tonight? Different story, right? 'Cause that's on you. You brought my child out here, she could've died and you PROMISED me you wouldn't put her in danger and you DID!" My dad screamed.

"Dad, come on. That's not on him." I told him.

"No, you're not doing this right now. You defend EVERYONE that hurts you. Tell me why you do that?" My dad asked.

"Do you even know what happened to her in Washington? Do you know what happened in Siberia? Do you understand what she's been through?" He asked.

"I'm sorry." Peter said.

"Dad, stop. You can't put all this shit on him!" I yelled.

"Let me educate you right now. She loved Bucky, okay? She also loved Steve. We found at that Barnes killed my parents and then we found out that Steve never told anyone, Cap and I fought, we fought hard, right in front of her. That broke her, some hard shit went down and a lot of that shit is stuff you would never understand. She shouldn't have to see that at 14, end of story." My dad said.

I began to sob, the day in Siberia started flashing in front of my eyes and I couldn't breathe.

"Washington. You were interested in some pink think, turned out it was a goddamn bomb, it exploded. Rosanna had a panic, she started hyperventilating and then she passed out. That's what happened, and you didn't even THINK about the fact that that could've happened again today?" My dad yelled.

"Dad, that's enough. You can't just do that. Stop." I begged.

"And if you died, I feel like that's on me. I don't need that on my conscience." My dad said.

"Yes sir, I'm sorry. Yes.  I understand." Peter told him.

"Sorry doesn't cut it." My dad replied.

"I just wanted to be like you." Peter said.

"And I wanted you to be better.
Ok. It's not working out, I'm gonna need the suit back. " My dad said.

I looked to the ground and frowned.

"For how long?" Peter I asked.

"Forever." My dad said.

"Don't do that, dad." I said.

"No, no, no. Please. Please. I'm nothing without this suit." Peter said.

"If you're nothing without this suit, you shouldn't have it." My dad said.

"I don't have any other clothes." Peter said.

My dad said he'd sort that out.

"You guys, you don't mix well, ok? You've hurt my daughter, and you're done. This isn't fair and I'm not letting her go through this again. I'm waiting for you in the car Rose. Do what you need to do." My dad said.

I sobbed, so did Peter.

I wiped the tears from my face and tried to get an apology out "I'm so sorry, Peter. This isn't on you, I have my own issues and they get triggered a lot, you know I'd never let you take the blame-"

He interrupted me by pulling me into a long hug, it lasted for a while and I didn't know what it was for but I knew he was hurting so I didn't think complaining about it would help, I let go.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I told him.

He nodded.

Damn it.