35-Face off

Vote, comment

We found the vulture guy.

"Hey! Surprised?" Peter yelled.

"Oh, hey, Pete." Liz's dad said.

I was kinda scared.

"I didn't hear you come in. this your girlfriend? What you doing bringing a girl?" The vulture guy said.

For some reason I stood back.

"Don't talk to her!" Peter said.

The guy laughed.

"It's over. I got you." Peter said.

"You know, I gotta tell you, Pete, I really, really admire your grit. I see why Liz likes you. I do. When you first came to the house, I wasn't sure. I thought 'really?' But I get it now." The guy said.

Me and Peter carried on walking over to him.

"How could you do this to her?" Peter asked.

"To her? I'm not doing anything to her, Pete. I'm doing this for her." The guy said.

"For her? Do you know how heartbroken she would be if she found out what you'd been doing to her school friends?" I yelled.

"So you do talk?" He said, scoffing.

"You bet I do, old man." I said, crossing my arms.

Peter shot his web at the guy's hand.

"You're Rosanna? You're Stark's daughter?" The vulture said.

"You bet." I said.

"Nice little life you got going for yourself up there, huh?" Vulture man said.

"Not too bad." I said.

"Listen. You're both young. You don't understand how the world works." The guy said.

"You know what I do understand though? I understand that selling weapons to criminals is wrong." I yelled.

"How do you think your daddy Stark paid for that tower then, huh? Or any of his little toys?" He yelled.

"Don't bring my dad into this! He's earned this shit fair and square. Your little game isn't gonna take this stuff away from him." I yelled.

"You people up there, the rich and the powerful, they do whatever they want. Guys like us, me and Pete, you don't care about us. We build your roads and we fight all your wars and everything but you don't care about us. We have to pick up after you. We have to eat your table scraps. That's how it is!" He yelled.

"Are you kidding me? Don't talk to me like that and just expect him to feel bad for you! You're the one who's messed up here, and you crying about the fact that you've disappointed everyone that you care about, by selling shit to criminals, won't work!" I yelled.

"I know you know what I'm talking about, Peter." The vulture guy said.

"Why are you telling me this?" Peter asked.

"Because I want you to understand. And I needed a little time to get her airborne." The vulture said.

He pressed a button and suddenly his wings just came flying towards us. They flew towards me and swiped my ribs and my neck, it stabbed my throat and I couldn't breathe. I felt a sharp pain in both my ribs and my throat, I fell to the floor. I heard this ringing in my ear.

"I'm sorry, Peter." The vulture said.

"You haven't even touched me yet." He yelled.

"True. But look to your left, you'll see I got your girlfriend, plus. I was only really trying to get her." Yh Vulture said.

Peter hadn't noticed I'd been swiped before, so when the Vulture pointed it out, he freaked out.

"Rose!" He screamed, leaping over to me.

I knew he'd regret that but I couldn't move, I couldn't yell because it hurt so much.

"Don't." I whispered.

The wings went through all the ceilings and suddenly we were trapped.

Peter started crying.

"Rose? Are you okay? I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry." He said.

I opened my eyes.

"Hey, I'm fine." I whispered.

He groaned and tried to lift the stuff off us. I'd pretty much accepted that I might not make it through this.

"Peter, stop. It's not gonna work." I said.

He whimpered.

"Hello! Please. Hey. Hey, please. We're down here. We're down here. We're stuck. We can't move. I cant- she's dying. Rose is dying! Help us!" He screamed.

I started silently sobbing, it hurt a lot. 

He looked at his mask for a while.

"Come on, Peter. Come on, Spider-Man. Come on, Spider-Man. Come on, Spider-Man." He said, as he started to lift up the ceiling off of him.

I was in shock, I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

He got himself out from underneath all of it and tipped it upside down. 

"Peter, go." I whispered in my weak voice.

"Come on, Rose. You can't go weak on me now." He said.

"I can't." I said.

He lifted me up from the floor and started to carry me. Still hearing that damn ringing in my ear.

Everything went black.