3 | The Enemy

There's absolutely no doubt that was the worst breakfast you, Norman, and Emma ever had. Putting a smiley cheerful mask, eat with a cold sweat on your forehead, and the most difficult, talking to Momma as if you didn't know that you are a brand of a freaking human farm.

You are especially worried about Emma. She had a nightmare yesterday and wake up late. She also couldn't manage to smile naturally in some occasion.

It was fortunate that you wake Emma up on time when you noticed her heavy breathing. She saw there was no one on the room then hugged you tightly. You can feel her fear through it and tried to calm her down.

It's now a free time period and you are now playing with the kids inside the house. You, Emma, and Norman had a secret meeting in the forest before to discuss the plan. You three were managed to grasp the farm system.

The children are started being shipped at the age of 8 according to their test scores. The gap between shipment are 2 months. Because Connie's shipment is yesterday, it was decided you will carry the escape plan in the period within.

The biggest problem now is the chasm. Thinking about it make you think this place resembles a farm even more. Not just that, you also have to distinguish the outside world before hand. Right now you don't have any clue if the outside world is safe enough for you.

Day soon comes to an end and the bell rings loudly. The children are gathering around the house's signature tree but two of them are missing. Not long after that, Mark running to Momma and cried. He said he got separated from Naila and couldn't found her.

What a familiar scene.

Momma put out her pocket watch and take a look.

Why she is checking the time?

She then goes into the forest and doesn't seems to be back at anytime soon.

A second later an idea popped up in your head. Your feet lead yourself to front of Momma's room.

You mumbled. "We can find something inside Momma's room, right?"

There should be archives about the shipped children or clues about the demons, hopefully a map as well.

But what if you're busted?

You then remember Norman's word the other day, "Y/N's weakness is that you're afraid to make a choice."

You shake your head. Right, you have to make up your mind right now. This opportunity won't come twice. Besides, Momma is definitely occupied for the next ten minutes or more.

Your hands trembly grab the doorknob and enter the room. It's not your first time coming here but this felt as if a new experience. After looked up inside the room, you closed the door and went directly to the desk, knowing Momma has always been there most of the time.

You tried to be as secretive as possible but your hands are trembling too much. You accidentally drop the pencil case as the result. You become panic and quickly put the contents back.

But you find a key. Hidden in the case.

You tried to open the last drawer that is locked. You put your finding into the keyhole and your heart beats faster seeing that it unlocked.

After you pulled the drawer, you examine a report book titled "Grace Field". Some familiar name are written on it.

Roan. Amelise. Lilian. Eri.

"These are... my siblings..."

It's a record of the shipped children. Consisted of their scores, numbers, and short bios such as sex and their status.