6 | The Crush

Grace Field is a nice place at first. Even though it was an orphanage, the kids were grown up together with much love and affections. None of them is not happy, and Momma was like their real mother. However, along the contented children, a child was only felt happy at the surface.

The six years old Ray was different from other children. He is blunt, yet sharp, like being alone, reading books, and quite edgy more than average. Many kids of his age thought that he acted older than he looked. Even Momma is not that close to him. He was also felt the same, it was just weird to be close to someone who supposed to be your "boss".

The ones who truly make deep relationship with him are only Emma, Norman and Y/N.

But one day, the girl successfully saw straight to the feeling he had hidden, the reason behind his acts.

He was reading a book silently at his favorite spot in the library. It was isolated and the most quite spot, nothing could butt in on him there.

Nothing except his one best friend right beside him who had been following him since early in the morning, as usual.

The six years old you tried reading the book he hold. You narrowed your eyebrows as you tried to make out what's the book's context but the words were seemed totally incomprehensible . Unknowingly, your head was disturbing his sight.

He push your head away. "Stop it, Y/N, I can't read if you cover it like that."

"Ummm are you understand this book?"

"I'm trying, At least I caught on the gist."

"Wow, is this why you're smart? Because you read books filled of confusing words?"

He tried to explain it to you but couldn't find the words so he gave up with a sign. "You could understand if you studied harder. Your scores aren't that high right? You should try studying more," said Ray.

If it was Norman and Emma, their shipment would come much later but you were concerned him. Your scores aren't that high and if this continued, you would be shipped before reaching 10 years old.

No, he couldn't 't let it happen.

Ray continued reading but you were getting bored. Then you poked his chubby cheek twice.

You successfully had his attention again.

"What do you want?" he asked in annoyance.

"Can you read the book for me?"

"Huh?"

"Because you understand the book, you can explain it to me too, right?"

Out of everyone Y/N was the most persistent to always stick on his side no matter how hard Ray pushed her away. Whereas, Ray was not the type of person who fond being followed every where.

Actually he was alright reading the book for you, but in this case he himself hadn't able to understand the contents yet.

"Why are you not playing with Emma? Or Norman? Or anyone while I'm trying to read here," said Ray.

"Because you will get lonelier if I go too."

He blinked. "Lonelier?"

You noded.

"I'm fine. I have books, what makes you think I'm lonely?"

"But you almost always spend your time alone reading here."

"Just because I'm reading alone doesn't mean that I'm feeling lonely."

"The matter Ray, you're reading even if you don't want to."